• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What would you say a better cue is?
The object is to get the lats to tighten as they are thoracic extensors

I find "chest up" to be incredibly poor

If were talking upper back tightness I prefer to retract scaps and force hands and elbows in as tightly as possible. But I am a poor squatter. Hence my questions.

What would you say a better cue is?
The object is to get the lats to tighten as they are thoracic extensors

I find "chest up" to be incredibly poor

That all depends on the person you are helping and their awareness of the muscles used.
to which boils down to their biomechanics

I find pulling down on the bar to be counter-productive in terms of upward movement. I know what you mean by pushing with your legs and pulling with your arms but I find I'm more prone to leaning forward if I pull down throughout the movement.

I find pulling down on the bar to be counter-productive in terms of upward movement. I know what you mean by pushing with your legs and pulling with your arms but I find I'm more prone to leaning forward if I pull down throughout the movement.

Pulling the bar down engages the lat's the lat's insert into the spine.

doing both; sticking out chest and tensing the lat's, keeping the mid section tight by breathing right is key.

do you look up?
staight ahead?

Pulling the bar down engages the lat's the lat's insert into the spine.

doing both; sticking out chest and tensing the lat's, keeping the mid section tight by breathing right is key.

do you look up?
staight ahead?
Righto. Well not for me. Create tension in the lats yes. Pull the bar down no. Maybe I just interpret that cue differently. I keep my head fairly neutral. Not up.

Righto. Well not for me. Create tension in the lats yes. Pull the bar down no. Maybe I just interpret that cue differently. I keep my head fairly neutral. Not up.

As I said earlier everyone interprets differently, I think it ultimately comes down to the persons biuld.

i find the heavier it gets, the easier position gets... but also, the more verticle i need.

at 60kg i lean forward for depth like a motherfucker

at 100 its not bad

at 140 i feel like im fairly high bar straight, but im not, theres still lean forward in the hole.

remember im not a powerlifter and never lift for str. still, technique is transforable i'd imagine.

If you're going to Back Squat just use the Rip method as the contraction of the Back Muscles solves all the problems you kunce are arguing about. If you want less Back engagement Front Squat like real Men do! :p

If were talking upper back tightness I prefer to retract scaps and force hands and elbows in as tightly as possible. But I am a poor squatter. Hence my questions.

Maybe try putting your shoulders in your back pockets

That all depends on the person you are helping and their awareness of the muscles used.
to which boils down to their biomechanics

I agree, but bending the bar across the back has always worked for me. Like a lat pulldown, everyone's done those

i find the heavier it gets, the easier position gets... but also, the more verticle i need.

at 60kg i lean forward for depth like a motherfucker

at 100 its not bad

at 140 i feel like im fairly high bar straight, but im not, theres still lean forward in the hole.

remember im not a powerlifter and never lift for str. still, technique is transforable i'd imagine.

Stretch your external rotators of the femur while laying on your back before you squat

I think expanding on what Fadi was saying before
Squats are easy if everything works fine

Warm-up and cueing should be based on moving correctly
I always do the same warm up, every day

One legged romanian deadlift, reaching far back with my leg and pushing hips right through
Bulgarian split squat, keeping shin vertical and pushing hips right through
Ab wheel rollouts
Hip airplanes

If anything feels difficult then I repeat it again at the end. After this I am ready to squat and pull. Most people after doing this will have correct movement down and will be able to just screw the feet into the floor unhinge at the hips then show me their nuts

Fuck people over complicated shit.
I just put the bar across the traps. Keep neutral head position and descend.
If you have to round your back to get the bar up is too fucken heavy.