• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It has taken a while but sounds like you're almost back to normal!
I'd be taking the time off for no other reason than work sucks!

How much have you lost [MENTION=16347]BrisVegasGhost[/MENTION];? You were looking solid pre-injury. Did 5.0 end up catching your home invaders?

I am down 6kg. I have lost a bit of muscle and put on a bit around the gut.....the meds were a side effect of this as well. Nothing I can't fix.
But my diet over the last 4 months has seen reduced calories. I really have only been eating 3 basic meals a day.
But started increasing protein intake last week. It feels like I can pretty much get thru a workout now, just have to get the strength back.

Yes they did catch them, but nothing come of it. The cops didn't really seem to care...they were like "Well your the one who put the hand thru the window"
I still had to replace the damage handle on the door where they kicked and part of the screen.

There is now a baseball bat under my bed. I will be more prepared and keep calm if a similar circumstance does happen. I hope it doesn't.

It has taken a while but sounds like you're almost back to normal!
I'd be taking the time off for no other reason than work sucks!

Yes getting there Kaz.....It's going to be hard going back to work after 4 months off. And spending so much time with the little fella will make it harder going back.

I am down 6kg. I have lost a bit of muscle and put on a bit around the gut.....the meds were a side effect of this as well. Nothing I can't fix.
But my diet over the last 4 months has seen reduced calories. I really have only been eating 3 basic meals a day.
But started increasing protein intake last week. It feels like I can pretty much get thru a workout now, just have to get the strength back.

Yes they did catch them, but nothing come of it. The cops didn't really seem to care...they were like "Well your the one who put the hand thru the window"
I still had to replace the damage handle on the door where they kicked and part of the screen.

6 kegs isn't too bad for stopping training and eating abruptly four months ago. Discouraging popo didn't seem to give a shit.

There is now a baseball bat under my bed. I will be more prepared and keep calm if a similar circumstance does happen.

At least, fuckin' oath.

Back to work today after 5 months off.....gee that went quick.
100% movement back in the hand. Thumb , index and ring finger are still numb from the nerve damage. But the nerve will grow back over time so will improve.
Smashing the training again and getting back to some decent condition again.

Great that you are better and seem to be on the way to complete recovery!

Yes they did catch them, but nothing come of it. The cops didn't really seem to care...

Did you ever find out what they were about? Did they target the wrong house for whoever they were really after?

100% movement back in the hand. Thumb , index and ring finger are still numb from the nerve damage. But the nerve will grow back over time so will improve.
Do yo take any supplements to help nerve growth?

Good stuff mate. Must feel great to be able to train properly again.

Great that you are better and seem to be on the way to complete recovery!

Did you ever find out what they were about? Did they target the wrong house for whoever they were really after?

They tried to gate crash a party down the road but where rejected.

They started banging on one of my neighbours doors who lives about 10 minutes down the street....he actually came out with a baseball bat and told em to fuck off.
Then the ended up on my doorstep. For whatever reason who knows.... Drunk, drugs , I don't know. But I am more prepared for something random if it does happen in the future.

Good stuff mate. Must feel great to be able to train properly again.

Feels a lot better to get that pump back! Still a few exercises I struggle with due to my lack of feeling in the finger tips....one arm dumbbell rows , deadlifts.
Mainly using a Barbell for all my press work at the moment.
Scar tissue is still active so have to keep massaging that. The docs are still amazed at my recovery. I'm super freaky!

No , they just had me on meds to block the nerve pain.
What supps can you take for nerve growth?
Don't really know if there are any proven to work just curious if you were recommended anything by the medical staff, I have a problem nerve myself. Well done on your recovery mate

Don't really know if there are any proven to work just curious if you were recommended anything by the medical staff, I have a problem nerve myself. Well done on your recovery mate

Cheers mate,
Yeah nothing was mentioned by the medical staff but there are peptides out there that do claim to help tendon repair/damage.
Cant remember what Taurus suggested, think it was rose hip oil and some other tabs from the chemist which I took for 4 weeks.
Apart from that it was just the occasional wild turkey! Gobble Gobble!

I was surprised how well I recovered my self....A positive attitude was the best medicine in my book.

Hands going well but have god dam left shoulder injury now.

Haven't had it checked out yet, will this week. Just lost all strength in the left shoulder. Even doing hammer curls was near impossible as it feels like I have lost stability in the shoulder area.
I have no major pain, just felt like a slight strain at first. Even lifting a light bag of groceries into the car is a struggle. Just don't have that natural movement.
I haven't been doing any heavy lifts either. Having the 4 months off then returning to the gym looks like I have put something out of wack.
Might have to do some rotar cuff and band work exercises to strengthen the surrounding muscles. But until I see someone I don't really know.
Bit of a bummer as was getting some decent shape back. :(

Hand is healing up quite well. Still lacking the feeling and sensation in the thumb, index and ring finger. Things like doing buttons up, picking a pen off the floor, getting coins out of my pocket is not natural. My writing looks like a 10 year olds scribble. Even pressing the button on the deodorant can isn't a natural occurrence...I use my left hand. Yes before you ask I even wipe my ass with my left hand. No [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]: I haven't belted one out with my non sensation hand!
It has been 8 months now. The docs said the nerve will keep on regenerating and growing until 18 months. What feelings I have by then after 18 months in the fingers is an indication of what I will have to live with.

The first pic below is how my hand looks now.

The bottom pic is after the first week of the accident.....It felt like I was never going be able to move my wrist and fingers again. After visiting the hospital over 30 times in the first 3 months I take my hat off to the nurses and docs in the industry. My hand injury is nothing....not even a blip in the universe compared to other peoples injuries I have heard about while sitting in the waiting room. The sites, sounds and the screams makes my injury seem like a paper cut. As bad as my injury was...well I thought it was bad....if it is the worse injury I have I will be happy and content. Even if I don't get full feeling in my fingers I am still capable of a having a full life of activities. This I appreciate.

This below is after the first week.....It felt like I was never going be able to move my wrist and fingers again. After visiting the hospital over 30 times in the first 3 months I take my hat off to the nurses and docs in the industry. My hand injury is nothing....not even a blip in the universe compared to other peoples injuries I have heard about while sitting in the waiting room. The sites, sounds and the screams makes my injury seem like a paper cut. As bad as my injury was...well I thought it was bad....if it is the worse injury I have I will be happy and content. Even if I don't get full feeling in my fingers I am still capable of a having a full life of activities. This I appreciate.

That is such sweet recovery m8. And wow doesn't that put things into perspective! Good to be grateful knowing a whole lot of kunce in a much worse situation would love to trade places with any of us at any given moment.