• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

rest periods between sets

roidsuck

Ok here i go again with another question! :D

I know it's normal to get puffed out and feel stuffed after some sets but how much is to much? I think i go over board at times and really push myself to get that last rep or two out. if i'm going for 10 reps but feel really stuffed at 8 should i stop for example? I just feel that if i don't get the full reps out i'm failing and it will take forever to get big:(

Barnsey.

Hi Barnsey,

Here's one of my answers for your question: The “F” word!

There's a time and place for everything, just keep that in mind and be flexible for rigidity is what slows progress and at times brings it to a hault.

PS: You're new here I take it, so why not take few hours to go through the site. You never know, you may just find what you're looking for.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Sounds like you may be going heavier than needed. I like to leave 2 reps in the tank when training and go to planned failure every once in a while. Also is this going to failure just for the last set?
Posted via Mobile Device

You must get so sick of saying that Markos, personally I have given up saying it.

Also Barnsey how long are you resting between sets?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep he is a smart arse but he is also trying to get a point across that we have to repeat over and over and over.

You get bigger from eating not lifting, lifting only stimulates your body into wanting to grow bigger muscles it is the eating (really eating enough) that makes you grow. So trashing yourself to failure is not going to get you bigger while eating like a sparrow. Going in and lifting so you can recover and then eating up a lot and repeating this will get you big.

Also since you are yet to answer any of the questions I asked here is another, what is your program?

Whats with you? Your responses make no sense to me.
I don't know if your being a smart arse or if thats just you.:confused:

In 20 years, when your old, weak and fat, it will actually click that food will make you bigger, not lifting weights.

Try this, lift everyday but dont eat a thing for a week, check your weight

Now eat 5000 calories a day but do no exercises for a week, see how much you gain

Its extreme, but it may just sink in.

Also, your ignorant username makes me laugh