• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

request for info

I had an ADHD moment and another question came to me, LOL

Do you think that there is any information or education that services like mine can give, which would deter younger guys from using steroids?

I see on the board here that all the older guys encourage younger guys not to use, citing the effects on the growing body etc, which is awesome, because under 25's definitely have no business on the gear. So thats great.

But they come in droves anyway, they have no idea what they are doing and our position is to make sure they are as safe as possible doing what they are doing, but in reality, this makes no difference to whether they end up using or not.

I see all the Noob steroid questions here from younger guys.....and it's like most young people, you can give them all the info in the world but they will still do it and do it wrong. Have you guys ever managed to convince anyone that came looking for info, not to take up the gear?

Do people belive there is a way to stop younger guys from starting using gear? Or is it the general consensus that young people will just do what they want.

I only ask this because of EVERY single steroid client I have had that is very young, I can give them all the info and tell them all the reasons why they should not start a cycle. And they never listen. Ever.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from and don't doubt what your agency is trying to achieve.

Having been in gyms for a bit now but coming from a place where steroids were much less prevalent, it was soon apparent that the steroid culture here is booming and will only go up.

If youd've asked me if I was intending to use only 2 years ago I would scoffed at the thought. Hell, even a pt at my gym here was trying to get me on it (not sell to me, but suggested as a form of assistance for my dickey shoulder * a theory that I now know to be a little flawed)

Stuff seems quite easy to access also as everyone is out to make a $$ or two... once you get in with the right person/people.

A lot of it (imo) comes down to the body conscious society we live in now... Used to be mostly women feeling pressures etc.. to look a certain way. Now guys are just as susceptible and I reckon the younger guys see it as a short cut to their goals of a great physique... Being young and headstrong myself once, I can understand the ease of which they throw caution to the wind... All for 'that bod'. Live for now * you're young * it'll be all good.

Training is damn hard work when you're doing it right and most people in society just don't have the mongrel in them to do it properly when it comes to hypertrophy training. Who wouldn't look at something that might save them all that time and effort?

Definitely not saying these kids are right, and I think most veteran steroid users themselves would agree with you whole*heartedly about getting proper nutrition and training regimens sorted before jumping on the gear as a quick and easy solution. I can just understand why you might be seeing this influx...

Good luck... I reckon you'll need it! ;)

What reasons do you give them for not getting on gear?

i.e. wha are the consequences and associated probabilities of them happening to you?

What reasons do you give them for not getting on gear?

i.e. wha are the consequences and associated probabilities of them happening to you?

Sorry for the late reply, we give them the usual information about their bones still growing and how that up unti the age of about 25 you have the potential to keep building your size and get taller, bigger stronger just because of the way your body works. If you take steroids there is a chance that you can stunt this growth now, and not only will you not get huge, you wont even get to your maximum natural potential.

I try to avoid saying things like "man titties" and "super teeny weeny balls" cause even though they are both very common side effects...you say them and they just think you are using scare tactics. LOL

I also speak to them about their diets and check just how dialled in they are, and most of the time we have weekend boozy boys who munch maccas when they can, whining about being skinny pasty and weak. But no, I want to eat maccas and be HUUUUGE!

Your question has actually led to my next question, as I have been trying to think of ways in which we can get people to wait or use other methods... any other ideas are appreciated thank!

Hi all, can anyone tell me, if I am one of my clients, so 23 years old, skinny, eating crappy food, boozing etc..... and i decided to do a course of steroids, and I make some gains in size etc......

How long would I expect to keep those gains if the only thing I was doing to try to hold onto them was weights a few times a week and protein shakes.

(This is what a lot of clients do) lol

What would the outcome of that be?
I'm happy if this question has been asked before...to just be pointed in the right direction :)

Those sound like reasons taken from a Courier Mail article or BB forum *cough*. Not a very comprehensive list nor the most persuasive warnings.

Hi all, can anyone tell me, if I am one of my clients, so 23 years old, skinny, eating crappy food, boozing etc..... and i decided to do a course of steroids, and I make some gains in size etc......

How long would I expect to keep those gains if the only thing I was doing to try to hold onto them was weights a few times a week and protein shakes.

(This is what a lot of clients do) lol

What would the outcome of that be?
I'm happy if this question has been asked before...to just be pointed in the right direction :)

As you pointed out, at that age, messing with your HPTA (hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis) could be troublesome. (i.e. if he doesn't do stuff properly, just how prepared is he to gamble with his ability to pro-create in the future)

If you wanted to get the most out of your cycle, your diet should be even more of a priority than if you were just training naturally, let alone with subbing maccas at every meal. Yes for bulking you'll be eating more, but it doesn't give you a free reign to get all your calories from kfc and the like. Your messing with your hormones and spending $$ so you'd want to get the most out of it right?

Having said that, if the client was a relative newbie to exercise in general, any gains he gets from not only starting a programmed bulking exercise routine combined with any positive effects of taking AAS will most likely give him a false indication of what they are doing for him. Not to mention a false indication of how it is to get ahead when doing weight training naturally to 'get bigger'.

End result - when he comes off cycle, even with a good pct in place, if his diet continues the same as it has been (I mean why would it change in his eyes) then he will soon become very dis-gruntled and wonder why any mass he has gained and or retained is now lard.

He will still be the same skinny kid underneath, but now could have to contend with having to lean out to see any musculature gains.

I was similar at that age... boozing, and everything else along with crap as diet and I was a definite ectomorph / skinny kid. That shit only lasts so long (or is freakishly rare in people in general who can eat and live like shit all the time) so I would imagine he could be like I was and just start packing shit on after a certain age. For me it was 24.

Again, the different angles from which you are trying to address the issue are admirable, but if these guys are going to want to do it. They'll do it. They'll seek out advice etc.. WANTING you to tell them what they want to hear, and if it doesn't stack up with their own agenda - they'll do the shit anyway and put your advice down to ramblings. You might get through to a few, or at least get them to wait until they're mature enough to make that judgement. Don't know.

Hows it all going anyways? Are you putting together some kind of information brochure etc..?

As you pointed out, at that age, messing with your HPTA (hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis) could be troublesome. (i.e. if he doesn't do stuff properly, just how prepared is he to gamble with his ability to pro-create in the future)

If you wanted to get the most out of your cycle, your diet should be even more of a priority than if you were just training naturally, let alone with subbing maccas at every meal. Yes for bulking you'll be eating more, but it doesn't give you a free reign to get all your calories from kfc and the like. Your messing with your hormones and spending $$ so you'd want to get the most out of it right?

Having said that, if the client was a relative newbie to exercise in general, any gains he gets from not only starting a programmed bulking exercise routine combined with any positive effects of taking AAS will most likely give him a false indication of what they are doing for him. Not to mention a false indication of how it is to get ahead when doing weight training naturally to 'get bigger'.

End result - when he comes off cycle, even with a good pct in place, if his diet continues the same as it has been (I mean why would it change in his eyes) then he will soon become very dis-gruntled and wonder why any mass he has gained and or retained is now lard.

He will still be the same skinny kid underneath, but now could have to contend with having to lean out to see any musculature gains.

I was similar at that age... boozing, and everything else along with crap as diet and I was a definite ectomorph / skinny kid. That shit only lasts so long (or is freakishly rare in people in general who can eat and live like shit all the time) so I would imagine he could be like I was and just start packing shit on after a certain age. For me it was 24.

Again, the different angles from which you are trying to address the issue are admirable, but if these guys are going to want to do it. They'll do it. They'll seek out advice etc.. WANTING you to tell them what they want to hear, and if it doesn't stack up with their own agenda - they'll do the shit anyway and put your advice down to ramblings. You might get through to a few, or at least get them to wait until they're mature enough to make that judgement. Don't know.

Hows it all going anyways? Are you putting together some kind of information brochure etc..?

Awesome Info, thanks so much. And you are spot on, they are already on that path and they cannot be stopped even if you told them their dick will turn blue and grow horns, then fall off.

In saying that, my job dictates that I must at least TRY to assist these people in their desire to inject foreign substances into said bodies lol.

So yup, project number 75648 for this year is producing a whole lot of fact sheets so at least we can say 'hey we have given you info to take home, what you do now is your decision, we tried!' lol

My job is spending a lot of time and money to produce resources which we try to impose on as many people as we can, they take them off us to make us stop talking to them, then throw them in the bin. I got rid of my resource, Im happy, They got rid of me, they are happy. hahahahahah!!!

Everyones happy and no-one is any smarter. lol!!!

I have come to the realisation that in my industry what we do is live in hope that we can help everyone, but know that we are more likely only to help one person, so essentially the millions of dollars are spent and the effort is put in, but all we are really hoping for is that we have just one success story in our lives, the gold medal you might say...of Drug & alcohol Workers.....lmao!!

Those sound like reasons taken from a Courier Mail article or BB forum *cough*. Not a very comprehensive list nor the most persuasive warnings.

Lol, you are spot on mate, and that is why I am here, trying to think of new ways to get through to my clients, although they are the boring old "every paper trots them out" warnings, kind of like 'DONT DRINK BEER! YOUR BOUND TO GET A HANGOVER!' thing right?? l:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I face a couple of barriers in being more comprehensive or entertaining or interesting.....haha A lot of clients they are mortified to be in an NSP for one, or they are trying hard not to show that they know nothing and are really out of their depth.

I asked someone the other day if they had ever done a cycle before and the answer i got was.... "silence.....ummmm.....silence..... ahhh sort of, not really, yeah, yeah I did"

I swear to god their eyes glaze over when i talk to them. Im not big jimbo in the gym so I am insignificant in the scope of things lol

I want to find REAL reasons to make young people at least have a good hard proper think about it, and I am struggling to win against these youngsters who are just sooo much smarter than me apparently!!!

So I agree, very boring reasons to not do Steroids, but Im hoping that by learning as much as i can, that with others help I might be able to attack this from a new angle :)

The problem is that the young guys are not interested in learning broscience, they dont think it is important. They just rely on bad information and don't even try to increase their knowledge. Probably telling you something you know quite well there haha!!

Bit of gyno anyone?

I love to show these pictures...and I always say 'BREASTS" as it doesn't sound as fun as having you own set of "BOOBIES" ..although surprisinlgy again, not a huge reason for guys not to start. i think secretly every man hopes for his own pair of boobs so its not such a problem really......LOL!!!

I recall it being named after Palumbo, but the disease is a combination of those side effects, atrophied/short limbs, fucked up skin, thick midsection almost prehistoric/neanderthal like.

IMO, The best deterrant is the dark side of steroid abuse. Site injection infections, kidney disease, suppressed sexual function etc.

Which is pretty sure why the small black guy in Pain & Gain was small, looked like shit and couldnt get a hard on and was shown to be obssesed with the juice, whilst Walhberg and The Rocks characters dont utter about their own use, or not glorifying.

Hello!!! Quick Question. Can anyone tell me if I am barking up the wrong tree here.... Test Enanthate and Test Cypionate are essentially the same and there is no reason really to choose one over the other? What I am reading is that Test Cypionate is an American product and is just their version of Enanthate..........

I am asking this because if this is the case I would put both these onto the same fact sheet with some information as to why I have done that.

If they are actaully really different products....I should probably know that too!! lol

Hello!!! Quick Question. Can anyone tell me if I am barking up the wrong tree here.... Test Enanthate and Test Cypionate are essentially the same and there is no reason really to choose one over the other? What I am reading is that Test Cypionate is an American product and is just their version of Enanthate..........

I am asking this because if this is the case I would put both these onto the same fact sheet with some information as to why I have done that.

If they are actaully really different products....I should probably know that too!! lol
They are both long acting esters Not much difference really.

Happy to add Ipamorelin, CJC 1295 (DAC) and Modified Grf 1-29 to your list of peptides. They work to increase Human Growth Hormone output from the pituitary which more closely mimics natural secretion compared to synthetic HGH injections.