• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

refeeds?

hi all,

I consider myself to be fairly well educated about the basics of dieting.

I am wondering what ypu guys think or know about the importance of refeeding?

I'm currently in a fairly small calorie defecit, TDEE~2300-2400, eating ~1800-2000

I'm not scheduling refeeds, though I am having them roughly every 10 days, more as a mental break than because I know that much about the process.

Can anyone shed some light on the importance or the correct way to go about it? or is it straight up no that important?

I have read before that they wont help unless already lean, I'd guess thats below 10-12%bf

I dont really care for an exact number on BF%, but for they sake of the topic id say im about 10%, if my avi pic is 12%

Thats a guess though..

on the days I have refeed, ive been around 400-500 cals over maintence, tough not tracking with MFP like other days, just losely counting

Yeah, my diet is a bit drastic for someone of my bodyfat %,

I don't think having a day a week where I eat a little over maintenance will hurt much at all.

I think most people do them to replenish their depleted muscles. mainly going for high carbs on the day.

I just eat whatvever. I had 126g of fat today... and only 192g of carbs.

probably not ideal...

Assuming your talking about carb refeed....

It's specifically targeted at glycogen replenishment...

However in general dieting its a mental thing.... Bank some cals every day of the week and have a bigger eating day once a week.... Thus enabling you to eat in a calorie deficit for the long term...

Yeah that's more or less how I go about it, I've tried using only a carb up, +200 carbs for that day (400 total) but mentally it feels like u never get a break, probably easier for someone competing, who ha a real reason for being so strict