• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommend a good PT in Nth Melb Suburbs

GoPies

Hi All,

I'm in need of a few PT sessions to correct my technique. Either my body is just shit or I'm doing it wrong :) It would be good to know which it is.

I've been a member of a few gyms over the years and the guys that pass themselves off as PT's can be quite off putting.

Can some recommend some PT's that know what they are doing in the northern suburbs of melb?

Cheers.

What sort of problems are you having?

If its just form, then chuck up a couple of videos for everyone to have a look at. If it is a major problem then I'm sure their are a few guys on here who can help you with some recommendations

What sort of problems are you having?

If its just form, then chuck up a couple of videos for everyone to have a look at. If it is a major problem then I'm sure their are a few guys on here who can help you with some recommendations

Major issues. It is the area above your arse crack where that bone is. Very painful, at the moment I can't put on my own shoes. :(

My form is not terrible, well not according to my wife, and we have watched the rippetoe vids. We could be wrong.

I have a large torso and short arms. Extremely inflexible. :(

Major issues. It is the area above your arse crack where that bone is. Very painful, at the moment I can't put on my own shoes. :(

My form is not terrible, well not according to my wife, and we have watched the rippetoe vids. We could be wrong.

Are you doing anything about your inflexibility? Have you had a (health) professional check your back out?

Are you doing anything about your inflexibility? Have you had a (health) professional check your back out?

I'm doing some stretching which helps a little. I'm never going to be gymnast though :(

Health professional? I've been to several physio's?

This sounds exactly like what I had. I had discomfort/pain in my extreme lower back above asscrack but to the sides. Got to the point my squats went from sets on 160kg down to sets below 100kg then down to nothing, then leg press started to suffer, soon after that I couldn't do anything comfortably and was reduced to the leg extension machine.

My problem was exactly like you, my body was so tight/stiff/sore with shit flexibility in legs, back, hips, glutes, groin etc, my hip flexors were so tight it had caused my entire hips/pelvis to tight forward, causing back pain, basically a combination of heavy leg work, no stretching and then sitting in the work van for up to 4-5hrs a day my body locked up and I couldn't function.

I was first treated for this in January this year, and it has taken 8 whole months to correct it and get squatting again comfortably. Treatment was religious stretching 3-4 times per day, massages, spas, epsom baths and no squats,deads, rows, leg press... nothing that loaded up my spine.

At first I wasn't satisfied, I was told "Lay off those exercises and STRETCH" so I did, and now, 8 months later it feels fantastic, everything has loosened heaps, flexibility has greatly improved, back feels great, hips are sitting square like they are supposed to and I'm back happily squatting again at last working my way back up.

Your story sounds awfully familiar to me, forget a PT at this point, go to a good Osteo/Physio and follow what they say to the letter. Get your quality of life back mate.

Hey Aaron, as Morgan says, stretching is incredibly important, inflexibility can cause so many problems with your body especially when you lift weights.

Additionally I'd recommend if you have physio sessions to go to a sports based physiotherapist since most regular phsios don't understand weight lifting and high intensity exercise.

Some thing that will help you with flexibility is yoga, otherwise a great book is stretch to win by ann frederick it's from human kinetics, it's a fantastic book that has an incredible amount of information about flexibility and is useful for a complete beginner with poor flexibility to an advanced athlete.

Not doubting what the other blokes said but just another point of view. I had plenty of lower back problems which ended up with me not being able to sit for more than five minutes. Or even be able to to bend over and touch my knees. Stretching made it worse for me. I don't think I have done a proper stretch for over 2 years and my body is much better than it used to be.

Not doubting what the other blokes said but just another point of view. I had plenty of lower back problems which ended up with me not being able to sit for more than five minutes. Or even be able to to bend over and touch my knees. Stretching made it worse for me. I don't think I have done a proper stretch for over 2 years and my body is much better than it used to be.

I'll try and find a proper sports medicine doctor / physio (whatever is required) before doing anything.

Couldn't put my shoes on this morning. :(