• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rear delt row/T-bar

Boggled my mind too. Some big (read fat) dude wasn't happy with me using a barbell n plates to imitate a Tbar so he 'suggested' I use the rear delt row machine instead as 'it works the same stuff'. Could have sworn Tbar was your back and the rear delt was funnily enough your delts.

Playing paper, scissors, 'rank' with him and he wins so I have no choice. What can I do if there's no machine and barbell/plates aren't allowed?

I'm doin deads, underhand bent overs, one arm bent overs, heaves, but the Tbar just feels like it hits inner back better than anything else.

I don't understand this thread.

Any horizontal pull works the back.

A wider (shoulder width) as opposed to narrow width grip will be better.

An exercise, whereby the torso is supported will enable you to focus more on the back, because without the torso being supported, the lower back will fatigue before you make any real inroads into working the upper back muscleture.

The bent over barbell row is a fucken rippa of a compound exercise that strengthens everything.

For rear delts try something like reverse fly, but you have to light weight and not go too far back else you will be working more of the back instead of the rear delt.

For rear delts try something like reverse fly, but you have to light weight and not go too far back else you will be working more of the back instead of the rear delt.

What do you mean too far back? "Above" your back or letting your arms go back towards your waist? Interested if you have a good guide on form.

What do you mean too far back? "Above" your back or letting your arms go back towards your waist? Interested if you have a good guide on form.

Sorry i do them using a cable crossover type machine, so like a chest fly but in reverse, i find if take my arms too far back and hands will end up behind my shoulder blades, it works the back more.

Does this make sense?

Similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWmW8X9hTrc

Last edited:
Sorry i do them using a cable crossover type machine, so like a chest fly but in reverse, i find if take my arms too far back and hands will end up behind my shoulder blades, it works the back more.

Does this make sense?

Ah ok yep definitely. I thought that was one thing you should really try to do though - especially if you're benching like me and a lot of others here do.