• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

re: deca

S

stondfalcon

re: deca

hey guys, just letting u know i am using the deca for a work related accident which has caused a lot of damage to my muscles, tissue and tendons and the doctor has prescribed them for me but i was hoping that i could get some expert advice so i can build myself back to where i was and hopefully even much bigger and stronger. i honestly didnt realise it was such a touchy subject on a site that is so closely related to what i want to achieve for my health and my future. obviously this is not the right forum for body building but im glad snookmz has some understanding that it was just a QUESTION!

I dont know bugga all about it mate, but would you mind me asking what injury you had that the doc decided to do something about it. Goodo on the Doc i rekon.

The doctor should have told you how to use it. If your doctor didnt maybe you should go to a different doctor. I know the doctor in the alley behind my gym gives shit advice.

Joking. But seriously your doctor is the one to give you advice regarding where to inject.

hey guys, just letting u know i am using the deca for a work related accident which has caused a lot of damage to my muscles, tissue and tendons and the doctor has prescribed them for me but i was hoping that i could get some expert advice so i can build myself back to where i was and hopefully even much bigger and stronger. i honestly didnt realise it was such a touchy subject on a site that is so closely related to what i want to achieve for my health and my future. obviously this is not the right forum for body building but im glad snookmz has some understanding that it was just a QUESTION!
Why didn;t you say it was prescribe for an injury in your other thread.
What dose are you getting and how often?

Also if it was prescribed you Doc would administer the injections not you, you said "I only inject in the shoulder"

Last edited:
I had to jump through hoops and was given strict instructions for an oral steroid for a skin reaction. Find it hard to believe that a doctor handed you a prescription for steroids, a few syringes and sent you off to inject as you please.

Why does body building have to involve drugs?

Because without drugs, the whole modern bodybuilding and related booming fitness industies would not exist.
Most of the popular images we see (last 20-30 years or more) are drug enhanced athletes.
How popular (or unpopular) was bodybuilding before the widespread use of enhancing drugs?

It's just the way it is, even though not all choose that option.

Last edited:
I also find it very hard to beleive the doc allowed you to self medicate.

The Deltoid muscles can only cope with small IM injections of substances. Most oily preperations take longer to disapate in the tissue. Usually anything over 2-3ml is put into the gluts or quads.

You need to know what you are doing, when anministering injections, infections, hitting bones, damaging nerves hitting arteries etc, are all possible unless you have a decent anatomical knowledge. You hit a nerve it hurts like crap and you may loose use of that limb for a short period or permanantly.

But being that the deca is only being used to treat an injury I am supprised you would have any issues and the doses would probably be quite small, and a week or more apart..

Edit just saw the other post,...

3 months you are a nut to inject yourself for 3 months with out proper instructions. no wonder you have sore shoulders, I bet you have created scar tissue in there by pounding the samespot over again...are you alternating shoulders?

It is Ok but The doc you got the drugs from should be able to surgically remove any scar tissue ( wont help your mass gain however). Also any damage you have caused will effect every injection you get there for the rest of your life, scar tissue does not allow penetration like muscle fibres

Yes I have been taught how to inject, but mostly remove blood from patients.

Go see you "doc" and get better advice, or go get a second opinion.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm a sceptic, did your doc really prescribe this for you? Hard to believe they would just hand you the drug and say "off you go".