• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

rage against the machines... new routine

canned tuna

Chopping down the diversity of my routine and abandoning most machines now I have a gym bud... please critique my plan

Doing a warmup set then three real heavy sets at 5 reps then drop setting

Monday chest & tris
DB incline
DB fly
Skullcrushers
Dips

Tuesday back & shoulders
Bent over long bar row (2 arm)
Wide grip pull ups
Deadlifts
DB shrugs
DB OH press

Wednesday Legs / core
Extensions, c raises and curls to warm up / cool down
Leg press
Planks
Hanging leg raises

Friday Biceps / chest
Chinups
DB hammer curls
DB incline
DB fly

My workouts used to have more exercises but since going to freeweights Im too spent lol!
Loving anything to do with back and legs atm. Feels like death!

edit on mob can hardly see.......terrible leg day wtf lol...will reply more when im not on my mob....

Last edited:
sorry...after double checking this is a terrible program all round!!! shoulders on tgere own day fuck the other chest session off......will rewrite it soon...

Last edited:
If you are doing the 3x5 heavy with all those exercises, just watch the flyes. Flyes need perfect form in my opinion so there will be a point where you can go heavier but it won't be a good idea. I don't believe that flyes are a 3x5 exercise but you can work out your own opinion if you give it some thought.

You'll get a lot of advice on the perfect routine and some of it will be right but the real secret is intensity. If you challenge the body it will adapt even if your routine isn't perfect. Personally I think half of the fun is experimenting and experimenting is never perfect. Think about your training and have fun learning.

This workout makes alot more "sense" mate...yours is all over the place.....

Monday chest/tris

Flat bench
incline db
dips
db fly

close grip bench
skull crushers

Tuesday: Back/bis

Deadlifts
Bent over row
db row
pull ups

Barbell curl
hammer curl

Wednesday: Legs/abs

Squats
Leg press
leg extensions
stiff leg deadlift
Calf raise

Planks
hanging raise

Friday: Shoulders

Barbell overhead press
Lateral raise
rear delt raise
shrugs

This workout makes alot more "sense" mate...yours is all over the place.....

Monday chest/tris

Flat bench
incline db
dips
db fly

close grip bench
skull crushers

Tuesday: Back/bis

Deadlifts
Bent over row
db row
pull ups

Barbell curl
hammer curl

Wednesday: Legs/abs

Squats
Leg press
leg extensions
stiff leg deadlift
Calf raise

Planks
hanging raise

Friday: Shoulders

Barbell overhead press
Lateral raise
rear delt raise
shrugs

Shit, I like that workout Joel, gonna jot this one down for future reference.

Nice work man
G

That looks like a much better routine but I'd still ditch the leg extensions

Nah mate I do like leg extensions...they are a very "bro" exercise I admit but the goal is size here and leg extensions and even leg curls for hamstrings are great exercises for the legs...

Id even superset leg extensions with either leg press or stiff legged dead and do say 5-6 sets x 10-12 reps...

Or if your feeling game do a "mini" giant set and superset Leg press/leg extensions/stiff leg dead...that will get your shit burning...

The routine you wrote is bad.

Do the one Joel wrote or even a full body routine until you can Squat 140kg, Bench 100kg and Deadlift 180kg.

Good luck.