• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quick Question macros?

Chrisso

Hi guys,

My PT has given me some light nutritional info to follow,

He has provided me with a 3500 calorie target made up of,
648 Grams Carbs
81 Grams of protein
60 Grams fat.

Question is every thing i read and find when researching says to consume 1 gram per pound of body weight.

My trainer seams to have calculated my protein intake by the kilo.

Should i follow these macros or are they wrong?

I am 21, 81 Kilo, 12.5% body fat

Thanks for your time.

Latest research says 1.5 grams of protein per kilo. But peeps do still use the 1 gram per pound.

I'd double the protein and fats and get the rest of the calories from carbs
What you listed is a great way to get diabetes

Yep personally I find the 1.5 grams of protein per kilo not enough. I feel better when I get over 200 grams.

Hi guys,

My PT has given me some light nutritional info to follow,

He has provided me with a 3500 calorie target made up of,
648 Grams Carbs
81 Grams of protein
60 Grams fat.

Question is every thing i read and find when researching says to consume 1 gram per pound of body weight.

My trainer seams to have calculated my protein intake by the kilo.

Should i follow these macros or are they wrong?

I am 21, 81 Kilo, 12.5% body fat

Thanks for your time.

I love carbs as much as anyone but even I think that's too much.

I would start with

Min 2g per kg protein.
Min .8g per kg fat
Rest carbs.

Really the easiest way is to just make sure you get in a min 2g/kg of protein and let the rest sort it self out with sensible eating within your calorie allowance.

Was your PT reading off an autocue from a 1960's diet book when he gave you that terrible advice? Either that or you told him you train as a track and field athlete outside of gym.

Was your PT reading off an autocue from a 1960's diet book when he gave you that terrible advice? Either that or you told him you train as a track and field athlete outside of gym.

I took the information i gave him regarding my daily activity seriously.

cheers for your input

I would start with

Min 2g per kg protein.
Min .8g per kg fat
Rest carbs.

Really the easiest way is to just make sure you get in a min 2g/kg of protein and let the rest sort it self out with sensible eating within your calorie allowance.
Thanks Bazza,

in future would you stick to the 2G per kg protein and lower fat and carbs to lean up? or change macros altogether?

thanks for your input.

I would start with

Min 2g per kg protein.
Min .8g per kg fat
Rest carbs.

Yeah pretty much
Although the former fatties seem to do better on the lower carbs, from an adherence and insulin sensitivity point of view

Calories is like 50% of the results
Macros is another 25%
Timing of nutrients is 12.5% of the total results (can be summed up as don't eat 1 meal a day or more than 6 but you can also eat most of the carbs around the training window to improve insulin sensitivity)
Supplementation and clean eating is the other 12.5% probably

So really you can get 87.5% of your results just eating the right amount, getting enough protein in and eating the majority of your food around when you train.
The rest is just eating good and taking steroids

Calories is like 50% of the results
Macros is another 25%
Timing of nutrients is 12.5% of the total results (can be summed up as don't eat 1 meal a day or more than 6 but you can also eat most of the carbs around the training window to improve insulin sensitivity)
Supplementation and clean eating is the other 12.5% probably

That's a pretty good summary.

I'd double the protein and fats and get the rest of the calories from carbs
What you listed is a great way to get diabetes

This.

Also agree unless 95% of your carbs are coming from sugars I can't see how you can stay under 80g but get 650g carbs.