• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Questions to officials of different powerlifting federations

GPC has 2 sets of records.

Powerlifting and single lifts (Bench and deadlift).

You must compete in powerlifting to break powerlifting records.
If you compete in Push/Pull, Bench only or deadlift only events, the records will be in the single lift category.

At the start, we did allow powerlifting records to break single lift records, but do not allow it any longer.

that is good, I did not think PA would do that.

No single lift record lists exist yet. Wilks doesn't think its worth the effort yet from what I recall.

Funnily enough there are raw bench only records in Oceania and Commonwealth categories but not World yet, but this should change next year.

Last edited:
ok, I am hoping to compete in December comp.

Not really worried whether I get any age records, but just wondered if the comp counted to total records.

Interestingly, for my age group, in the 90kg division, PA has highest standard.

I think single lift records are good. I would have thought option would generate more competitors.

ok, I am hoping to compete in December comp.

Not really worried whether I get any age records, but just wondered if the comp counted to total records.

Interestingly, for my age group, in the 90kg division, PA has highest standard.

Yeah Damian is one strong bastard.

If face savers have been introduced as a safety measure in bench, why is suicide grip still not allowed? [MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION];

Could be set at a height to protect an unarched bencher, but when dropped onto an arch... ouch.

Face savers at GPC are fully adjustable.

They are not there to protect your chest, just your face and neck.

If you protect the chest then how are you going to touch the chest? There'll be no such thing as chest savers ever.

I manage to bench in a rack and touch my chest. Even with my slight arch if I fail or drop the weight I'll get a slight hit but not crushed by the weight.

If I can manage it in a standard rack I'm sure people can make even better solutions specific for the task.

I manage to bench in a rack and touch my chest. Even with my slight arch if I fail or drop the weight I'll get a slight hit but not crushed by the weight.

If I can manage it in a standard rack I'm sure people can make even better solutions specific for the task.

It would be too easy to accidentally touch it with the bar if your descent is imbalanced which would lead to a disqualification. Seriously it won't ever be considered.