• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Question on Chest

This is the owner of this thread speaking. I have no idea if this thread is even still alive, I'm checking back in now, and it's been a month or so. Couple of things I'd like to say.

Thanks for the opinions I got to my original question, I'd like to go ahead and phrase it again though to help anyone better understand my question. When I say 'very bottom part of the pec' I am referring to a specific area of the muscle, not an individual muscle. Now, I know that as the 'lower part of the pec' grows it gets thicker, b/c mine has, that's no issue there... but my chest does not look like Arnold's, or any other of the pro bb's. These person's pecs have grown so much mass that the muscle has started to overlap the inferior origin... basically, in ex. Arnold's pecs got so big it started to hang over like a woman's breast, this is just b/c the weight of the muscle overcame the ability of the tendon to hold it up and stay 'perky'. So up until this point the 'lower pec' has got thicker and thicker as it grows. My inquistion is, once the pec is this big/at this stage of development-(where now it's overlapping slightly/hanging slightly) as this 'very lower part of the pec'-(in ex. on Arnold, his nipple area down) continues to hypertrophy, will this area keep getting thicker and increase in depth/thickness? OR AS the pec grows, does the 'very bottom part' get thinner as it gets longer/hangs down further? I don't mean atrophy or 'shrink' but as the fibers grow, could perhaps, b/c of the way gravity pulls on the muscle and/or combined with the stretching of the conn. tissue which might cause it to get weaker, cause the 'lower area' to get thinner/lose depth/thickness, as it grows?... Basically, when Arnold was in his prime and his chest was its biggest, I assume age 27/28, was this 'lower area', (nipple area down), the MOST thick/had the most depth, ever? Or at any previous point in development could this same 'lower area' techincally have been thicker? Thanks.

Is this a troll?

i honestly cant tell nowadays

Don't give me a 'cool story', I'm asking a question, answer it or if you don't know then stop taking up space. And no I'm NOT a troll, I'm just confused on how the muscle grows.

Well if you

1) Build a big bench
2) Don't let yourself get over 15% and manbooby
3) stay off teh j00ce

You will likely end up with a set of pecs to what your genetics will allow.

Sort out your lower pec issues when you get there.

Well that doesn't really help. All I want to know is once your pecs get to this size(in the pic), where they hang a little bit, and as the chest grows its going to get longer just b/c the weight of the muscle and as it's doing this if the very bottom gets thicker, same, or thinner? And I'm afraid b/c I think it gets thinner but it's not significant enough to notice... but that bothers me b/c if then that messes up the point of training my chest if the 'eventually' the bottom's going to droop down to be paper thin. It's a simple question and I don't understand how it doesn't bother anyone else.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Last edited:
Well that doesn't really help. All I want to know is once your pecs get to this size(in the pic), where they hang a little bit, and as the chest grows its going to get longer just b/c the weight of the muscle and as it's doing this if the very bottom gets thicker, same, or thinner? And I'm afraid b/c I think it gets thinner but it's not significant enough to notice... but that bothers me b/c if then that messes up the point of training my chest if the 'eventually' the bottom's going to droop down to be paper thin. It's a simple question and I don't understand how it doesn't bother anyone else.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Problem: Your chest won't get that big.

Yes I have asked on other forums, I apologize for bothering anyone about this, I'm just confused and would like to be and feel educated on how the muscle grows.

So once the chest is in this stage of development (while relaxed/uncontraced it hangs/overlaps the origin) and then as the chest grows and as a result gets longer/hangs down more would the bottom get thicker, maintain the same amt. of depth/thickness or is it possible/likely it could get thinner? And how do know/support your answer?
Please answer and I'll stop asking lol.

Pic: http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3130/branchwarren.jpg

Last edited:
Its your genetics...

/END

No one cares

So if it did get thinner, as it grew and got longer, that's what you expect me to say/think.... genetics? Why else would the muscle get thinner/lose depth as it grew/got longer... genetics? Doubt it...I just assume, if it does, it would be b/c the conn. tissue isn't strong enough to resist gravity, enough, and as a result the fibers couldn't grow out/thicker anymore but instead drooped down and got thinner/loss depth... I know this sounds like shit but it just bothers me b/c it's the principal of knowing and I wonder if it does happen but just isn't significant enough to be noticed.

Dude, if they didn't drop down, they'd grow outwards. Like tits. Real ones. Is that what you're after?

tits.jpg

So if it did get thinner, as it grew and got longer, that's what you expect me to say/think.... genetics? Why else would the muscle get thinner/lose depth as it grew/got longer... genetics? Doubt it...I just assume, if it does, it would be b/c the conn. tissue isn't strong enough to resist gravity, enough, and as a result the fibers couldn't grow out/thicker anymore but instead drooped down and got thinner/loss depth... I know this sounds like shit but it just bothers me b/c it's the principal of knowing and I wonder if it does happen but just isn't significant enough to be noticed.

there are alot of better things worth knowing, stop focusing on some other mans boobs and worry about your own...

there are alot of better things worth knowing, stop focusing on some other mans boobs and worry about your own...

I know... I'm concerned about me, I'm just using them as examples b/c they're big enough to illustrate my question.
Does that not bother you... the thought of the possibility that if your chest did get big enough to hang/overlap the attachment slightly like Branch's, then as you train hard and put in all that work only to have the bottom get thinner as it grew and got longer?

Last edited:
it wont get thinner unless you stop training and loos bulk muscle mass , and just left with skin,

all those pics you have shown their pecs at the bottom point are probably 3+ inches thick..

but as posted, just train hard, if you notice a problem, post a side on pic of your pecs, I will check back here in a few years and see if you have updated it.

I know... I'm concerned about me, I'm just using them as examples b/c they're big enough to illustrate my question.
Does that not bother you... the thought of the possibility that if your chest did get big enough to hang/overlap the attachmeny slightly like Branch's, then as you train hard and put in all that work only to have the bottom get thinner as it grew and got longer?

Its not worth the cortisol..

Dude, if they didn't drop down, they'd grow outwards. Like tits. Real ones. Is that what you're after?

tits.jpg

NOO! I'm saying as they drop does the very bottom get thinner? And perhaps just by the way gravity pulled/affected the muscle.

I know that sounds dumb and but I just worry b/c I wonder if it does but it's hardly noticeable and would only be noticable if your chest grew to an astronomical degree. But it's just the principal of knowing/being educated i want, and I want to know what to expect/envision.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3918/74824501.jpg

Last edited:
Can you just give me your opinion on the question... please?

I think if you spent more timebenching and doing dips then you might have to worry about such thigs.

I dont know what you are going on about. Who fucking cares. Your chest will never be that big so you dont have to worry.

I think if you spent more timebenching and doing dips then you might have to worry about such thigs.

I dont know what you are going on about. Who fucking cares. Your chest will never be that big so you dont have to worry.
haha case closed

Genetics(10char)