• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

question about 50 rep / 100 rep squats

I have seen crossift blokes to this training with sets of 50...starting with light weight....as far as i have seen it has helped their 1rm and also their BW squats...some of this blokes to 100's straight

I think he meant u'd only ever do 1 rep a set cos that's all that is required. U'd never need to do 5x5 rep/set scheme for example.

Nina is currently doing a high rep squat program. First session looked like this

20kg x 30
40kg x 30
50kg x 30
60kg x 30
70kg x 12
60kg x 30
50kg x 30
40kg x 30

Nina is currently doing a high rep squat program. First session looked like this

20kg x 30
40kg x 30
50kg x 30
60kg x 30
70kg x 12
60kg x 30
50kg x 30
40kg x 30
jesus thats impressive. how does she handle the doms after?
my quads are sore after my 'effort' friday doing 35 + 15 @ 60kg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GG9KsSiMMc]YouTube - Squat 405x26, deep, no belt/wraps[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqiNndr3tG4[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK-9Q_lf1gk[/ame]

Last edited:
jesus thats impressive. how does she handle the doms after?
my quads are sore after my 'effort' friday doing 35 + 15 @ 60kg

I actually had worse hammies than quads when I did my first 20 repper last Thursday (?). Second time round it wasn't nearly as bad (even if I did struggle horribly as im sure Markos will attest to lol)

Graeme did much better today.

Not sure if you call it doms, she's just a little sore, just trains through it

On Wednesday, Fat Dave squatted

180kg x 5
180kg x 3
180kg x 3
140kg x 10
100kg x 20
60kg x 30

Then on Thursday he squatted

120kg x 20
120kg x 20

I have seen crossift blokes to this training with sets of 50...starting with light weight....as far as i have seen it has helped their 1rm and also their BW squats...some of this blokes to 100's straight
My training partner and I started on 5 reps for the squats. Then we went to 20 reps for a few weeks, this boosted our 5 reps greatly. We went back to 20 reps again, and had epic fails :D

"It seems," my economist training partner observed, "that 20 reps translate to 5 rep strength, but 5 rep strength does not help you do 20."

20 reps is hard enough, I am not insane enough to try 50 or 100 :D

High rep stuff is mental strength.

People rarely fail a 20/30/40/50 rep set, they quit.

I went pretty close the other night lol.

I think you're right though. imo half the battle with each rep is mustering the courage to go deep, once you're at the bottom fight or flight takes over!