• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[MartialArts] PUNCHFIT - Tested on humans

T

Tekkerz

It has a funny slogan but PUNCHFIT is a boxing training system developed by profesional boxers over 20 years since 1989.

Established by professional Mauy Thai Boxer Bruce Townhill in his gararge in 1989 with a working capital to start the business of $500. Within a year membership had swelled to 100+

In 1991 the gym was dubbed 'Blackbelt PRO' with the intention of professionally training black belts of various styles.

In 1992 Blackbelt PRO moved to a 5000 sq ft location in Randwick, Sydney Australia.

1994- First proffesional PUNCHPAD course was devised.

1995- Bruce Townhill is awarded a Khru Certificate from Thailand by the authentic Muay Thai association Bangkok.

1997- KICKPAD course syllabus devised.

1999- 50 Blackbelt PRO Fighters achieve a 98% win rate under the instruction of Khru Bruce Townhill.

2000- With 35 belted champions being produced from approx 200 ring fighters Blackbelt PRO produces its first undefeated Superheavy Weight World Champion.

2005- National accreditation achieved for the 'PUNCH' and 'KICK' PAD courses.
2005- Khru Bruce Townhill is awarded a master Khru (AJARN) certificate from the World Muay Thai council Thailand.

2006- The first 150 PUNCHFIT levels in boxing, kickboxing and Muay Thai class formats released.

2007- PUNCHFIT Trainer Boxing course released to cater for the thousands of Personal Trainers entering the market.

2008- PUNCHFIT Master Trainer Certificates offered at full-time PUNCHFIT Academy.

And in October 2009 after 12 hours over two days of intensive boxing instruction training Jason Sochacki AKA 'Tekkerz' becomes and authentic PUNCHFIT instructor.

Yesterday was the PUNCHFIT Trainer course and today I did the more advanced PUNCHFIT Instructor course.

While the course was only two days total for me and only less than half the people who did the trainer course also did the instructor course the next day I felt as though it was well worth it as now I will able able to earn $50 per hour teaching the syllabus which is already taught at my gym by an experienced professional kickboxer and an experienced amatuer kickboxer. The other two guys also teach the KICKPAD syllabus too but I'd have to do another course to teach that one.

The PUNCHPAD system is designed to bridge the gap between 'boxing for fitness' and 'boxing for fighting', i.e it provides an excellent fitness regime whilst also teaching participants correct boxing techniques which if applied correctly would be useful in a fight.

Unfortunately it looked as though probably 75% of the 20+ people who did the trainers course yesterday had probably never thrown a punch in their life so I wouldn't be too confident about them teaching self-defense, but the fitness and weight-loss benefits of boxing are undeniable.

Todays Instructor course was only 8 participants and I'd say 60% looked like they could be handy in a fight, including three guys who were novice amatuer boxers, one ex-profesional boxer who just started up his own gym and Me, a Kung Fu student with many violent street fights worth of experience.

Aside from from the immediate monetary incentive for me to do this course I also thought it would be a good way for me to learn more about how to structure a martial arts lesson/class so that I can take what I have learned from this course and apply it to my Kung Fu lessons in which I am beginning to take more and more of an instructional role.

Overall I would count this as one of my most productive weekends ever.

Last edited:
Sounds good. Tolerance and understanding of other fighting styles will always give a person opportunity to expand. Good to hear you took something away from it. However I dont think some of the people you were talking about on that course would even be competent in it let alone teach it.