• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pullup bar

ok, so i've decided the barbell etc for primary lifts isn't going to work at home and i'll be still going to the gym 3x per week for my main exercises and doing conditioning at home, however i'd love to be able to do pullups and use my rings for inverted rows etc at home.

A doorway pullup bar isn't going to work for me (the 1930's varnish inside the doors in my rental gets ruined to easy), I don't have a lot of room, but i'm trying to think of the most practical option thats reasonably cost effective.

I do happen to have very high ceilings so height isn't a problem, but no way to attach anything to a wall of ceiling (and it's an apartment/flat so no outdoor options)

I'm considered grabbing something like HD1 Crossfit Rack with Chinup Bar and Spotter Bars | HD1 | Cyberfit Gym Equipment and just using it Sans spotter bars and JHooks as a pullup bar (and to attach rings, and ab slings for knee raises)...

Any thoughts on options...
I am 6'1" and would really like to be able to do pullups without bent knees if possible...

If you're using the rings for inverted rows why not also use them for some real badass pullups?

it hurts when you do that.

That's what she said.

NFT, not overly impressed with that equipment you linked mate. Looks damn flimsy for pullups to me. I'm not convinced with their spiel about it being rock solid. I'd ideally be wanting to personally test it before purchasing.

That's what she said.

NFT, not overly impressed with that equipment you linked mate. Looks damn flimsy for pullups to me. I'm not convinced with their spiel about it being rock solid. I'd ideally be wanting to personally test it before purchasing.

thats my main concern.... I was considering getting a full rack like
HD4 Commercial Power Rack Welded | HD4 | Cyberfit Gym Equipment

and just using it for pullups and to support rings... but that seems kind of silly :) .. and it will take up a lot more 'air space' in the room.

I guess near perfect for this would be the iron edge assault rack... but that comes in at about $1300 without spotter bars... which is getting pretty exxy.

If u were willing to spend $400 for that first link, I'd suggest stretching your budget to $595 if possible and getting the MMPR rack from Gym Direct...space permitting.