• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pulled a back muscle :(

Headley

BigRed Kunce
Think i tweaked a back muscle on Friday last week in the AM. Had to reach low and long to pull something 50 kilos along a shelf.

Not felt anything at all before getting out of the car tonight :(

Could just be a stiff muscle though

No lifting for a week
take something like voltaren
drink plenty of water

if you pulled a muscle you should be right to go after a week or two.

When I hurt my back and read a heap of Dr Stuart Mcgills books on backs who is one of the top worldwide experts on backs. From memory he said the research said that getting moving as soon as possible was beneficial for muscular back injuries over resting.

Disc and other injuries where different.

When I hurt my back and read a heap of Dr Stuart Mcgills books on backs who is one of the top worldwide experts on backs. From memory he said the research said that getting moving as soon as possible was beneficial for muscular back injuries over resting.

yes, that is what I go by too

Last edited:
Will have to keep active with work, fair bit of walking around and so forth so fingers crossed it won't make it worse.

Fortunately i work in IT for a retirement home. My office is located within their physio department so will see one of the girls tomorrow for some deep heat, a heat pack and a good rub.

yeah, totally.

I meant (rest) stay away from weight lifting

I love my work.

Working in a retirement home is great.

On one hand the Clinical Manager has given me a few pills to take (Panedine Forte + Neurofin), and the physio area have kept me supplied with awesome heat packs wrapped in a towel for me to lean against in my seat :)

Tried getting some of those chinese ladies in the shopping centres to give you a good going over?

... Perhaps even a massage too while you're at it :cool:

lol

Yeah should do...

Had one heat pack on this morning and no pain killers, feeling much better. Would be nearly normal again if i did take pain killers but no need for them today. Still keeping movement subdued... no gym, extra walking/running etc. Just the basics at work.

These heat packs are amazing. Woke up this morning feeling no back pain what so ever.

Got to work and i was feeling a little, so got another heat pack on. Never recovered as fast from a tweaked muscle before.

Shit.

My back was feeling all back to normal so i decided to get some physically demanding work done at work... now today the pulled muscle is back.

So, once again i have a heat pack and the clinical manager here handed me a couple of strong neurofen and a whole strip of some powerful codeine pills :D