• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PT's, what hours do you work?

Not everyone gets that far, Ironclad Oz, and some do very well. After 6 months you'll have a good idea of how you're going, after 12 months you've found your level. This level could be 3 clients doing 2x30' a week each, or it could be 30hr a week of sessions, etc.

It'll grow a little bit from there, like 10-20% over the next few years, but unless something drastic happens - you move from Woop Woop to Melbourne Central, you have a training epiphany, whatever - you'll basically find your level in 12 months.

You don't know until you do it. Experienced and successful trainers will be able to meet you and judge it for you, but if you're relying on your own judgment, you'll take 12 months to find out.

Not everyone gets that far, Ironclad Oz, and some do very well. After 6 months you'll have a good idea of how you're going, after 12 months you've found your level. This level could be 3 clients doing 2x30' a week each, or it could be 30hr a week of sessions, etc.

It'll grow a little bit from there, like 10-20% over the next few years, but unless something drastic happens - you move from Woop Woop to Melbourne Central, you have a training epiphany, whatever - you'll basically find your level in 12 months.

You don't know until you do it. Experienced and successful trainers will be able to meet you and judge it for you, but if you're relying on your own judgment, you'll take 12 months to find out.

You do group sessions Kyle, or "one on one"?

What are your thoughts on either.

Basically trainers do one-on-one, small group (2-6) and large group (6-24, like BodyPump etc).

In all honesty very few people need one-on-one training. I mean, jiu-jitsu coaching isn't one-on-one, and they choke each-other into unconsciousness, but we need one-on-one for a lat pulldown? But some people want one-on-one, that's the "personal" part of personal training.

On the other hand, a large group you can't be coached well, so you're not really getting training, just a workout. Fine for the 6-12 weeks of newbie gains, but not much else.

What most people need (if they need training at all) is small group training. And that's less money per client but more overall for the trainer, everyone wins.

Nowadays lots of my clients I'll start one-on-one for 6 weeks or so, make sure we've dealt with injury issues, got them to pretty good form on the lifts. Then I slot them into a small group. While Anna squats I watch her, then I go over to Bob benching, then I go over to Charlie deadlifting, by this time Anna's ready to squat again. Or they work in with each-other, etc.