• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Here is the vid, he'll clear 140cm around 55" next week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouNkV1VfF8w]YouTube - PTC Frankston, Max jumps 135cm (53") hurdle[/ame]

Some impressive lifting at PTC yesterday

Pierre benched 127.5kg at 80kg, and squatted 150kg x 3

Nina benched 75kg with a Sling Shot, thats a 15% increase

Jesse powercleaned 90kg @ 63kg. Thats fucking strong. He now squats 130kg, deads 170kg and benches 80kg. I think he may be ahead of Max at the same stage. Unbelievably explosive.

Max squatted 180kg with his first attempt using knee wraps, he'll get better as he practices with them.

Amy and Karen deadlifted 105kg

Baters, a footballer, got 91 reps doing Tabata UDL's, superb performance.

You not fast with a pulled hammy, or strong with a broken back...

I wasn't fast, stong or happy when I weighed 78kg and was a skinny mess who's main hobby was getting completely trashed.

Bigger and faster than he would be if he didn't train at all :)

Nick reminds me of a trainer at one of my gyms, trains really hard, sweating, grunting, crying out in pain. Looks great, quite strong by mainstream gym standards. He seems to have a different injury every week.

Injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not sitting on our arse.

Exactly. All i can do is make sure they dont get worse and prevent new ones.

He won't get bigger / faster / stronger by doing nothing.

Yep

Just a quick question for you Nick, how do you deal with all these injuries? For example do you go physio and make sure you stretch etc?

How does it make you feel mentally?

Because I have been having some issues with my lower back (poor hip flexor, glute, hamstring flexibility) due to squatting and leaning too far forward (good morning) for the past 4 weeks now...

I haven't trained a solid COMPLETE session of the beginner PTC program since. 4 weeks ago... I have just been doing bench, press, row (sometimes it gets tight even doing them exercises so stop) whenever I feel like it...

The point being is I feel like pure SHIT. . . My lifts have gone down as I'm not lifting therefore don't think in my brain I should be eating as much as I used too, which makes me think ill put on more fat (that I don't need lol) so Ye it's just like a vicious weakening cycle I think...

I just need a lot of motivation to sit there and stretch for 20mins before and after I workout... And on top of all this the best I've ever squared was 75kg 3x8 =\

Fuck my life lol

Firstly i rest and try to figue out why it happened. Then i rehab and put in place measures so it wont occur again.

I have a few physios I see but I also try and learn as much as i can on my own and implement that.

Not much you can do about feeling like shit except man up and get on with your training. Not being able to train is horrbile but you just have to get back on it.

You learn pretty quickly what you can and can't do (plus volume etc).

I know I can't consistently do horizontal push exercises cos my back muscles are fairly weak (imo anyway) and I have impingement problems in my shoulders (basically means if I bench bench and more bench I'll end up with horribly rounded shoulders or rotator cuff injuries)

Daniel - if you've got tight hip flexors etc you need to STRETCH.
Stretch those muscles and strengthen the opposing muscles.
If you're not doing the exercises at the very least substitute them with either a light prehab exercise or stretching

Nick you should post up some before and after pics to show people what they can achieve if they knuckle down. I could certainly do with some more motivation lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIgqH92UYoE]YouTube - PTC Frankston, Max squatting 180kg@78kg[/ame]

Some progress pics from my training.

I could have made this change much more dramatic if I trained and ate properly from the start. The first few years I was still partying and drinking too much.

Early 2007 - No training 78kg stick man

Late 2009 - 112kg bulked up.

December 2010 106kg much leaner.

Last edited: