• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Didn't Adam Coe also mention that for a raw lifter the bench makes up 20% of the total?

20% seems about right for me.

Okay, I'll do comp figures

Nick - 612.5kg - 34.15%/23.58%/42.28%
Max - 500kg - 34%/22%/44%
Dave - 527.5kg - 36.4%/21.8%/41.71%
Matt - 655kg - 35.12%/23.67%/41.23%
Daryl - 460kg - 34.79%/26.09%/39.13%
Dim - 410kg - 32.93%/23.17%/43.91%

The two obvious weaknesses are Daryls deadlift and Dims squat

Daves bench doesnt look too bad there now,although it is the lift we need to work on most.

Dim has the worst squat %, Daryl the worst deadlift % and Dave the worst Bbench %

Dave has the best squat %, Daryl has the best bench % and Max the best deadlift % of this group

Sorry I must be missing something.

How on earth do you say a 115kg benchpress from a 5"7' 115kg indiviual not too bad.

You gave me shit about benching 150 @ 110 FFS!

It looks like it's not so bad compared to his other lifts being close to the % posted earlier of 34/22/44. The %s don't take into account bodyweight at all.

I think nick is missing something

Compared to his other lifts it seems okay

Raw didn't exist when Adam lifted

Not sure he mentions raw anywhere

Now what nick means to say is

Dave is weak overall

His total is 90 kg less than nicks at a heavier body weight

Percentage wise he is in the ball park

Thanks for the (2) repliers
I've gone from 55kg to 100kg + since the end of august (when I first started squatting)
Hoping to be around the 140-150kg mark by years end so we shall see how we go!

I think my biggest issue getting there will be injuries. I'm at the point now that even if I feel like shit I'll still hit the weights as hard as I can on the night so in that regard consistency should be ok (mentally anyways)

Double bodyweight squats will vary depending on your bodyweight.

It only took Max a few months, he first did it at 55kg. He was able to do 10 reps with 140kg @ 70kg, so he actually got stronger in regards to 2 x bw

It took Nick longer, but he weighed 110kg, so a 220kg squat will obviously take longer.

Jesse squatted 130kg @ 63kg in a handfull of months.

Gareth actually squatted 200kg for 3 singles tonight.

He also pause benched 127.5kg x 1 and 125kg for 2 singles

Cheers

Figured being 70kg would be an advantage in that regard lol
I think my leverages are better suited to pulling cos I've got slightly longer limbs (not that all this matters too much because I'm not a PL but it's nice to reach goals and know that the hard work is paying off)

When promoters run comps like bench bodyweight for reps, there is a modification they should make to even things up.

I'll use Max and Nick as an example.

Max benching 75kg is going to find it much easier than Nick benching 110kg.

The best way to even it up is bw + 10kg

Max's weight goes up by 14% while Nicks goes up by 9%

As you can see this makes it a much fairer system. The lighter guy cops a bigger penalty % wise.

Going back to double bodyweight squats, here is what Glossbrenner thinks about Max doing 150kg @ 75kg and Nick doing 220kg @ 110kg. Hypothetical lifts.

Max = 103.28 points
Nick = 123.75 points

So Nick only has to squat 184kg @ 110kg to match a double body weight squat of a 75kg lifter according to Glossbrenner.

Just food for thought

Here is Gareth's 200kg squat @ 85kg

He actually did 3 singles, here is the first

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85SX5mpZRt4]YouTube - PTC Frankston - Gareth squats 200kg[/ame]

Not yet, only had a handful of 200kg squats at PTC I think

Spiros
Nick
Chris
Chris
Simon
Gawain
Dave
Gareth