• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Gareth deadlifts much better in weightlifting shoes. He has tried other footwear, but does much better in these.

He figures his DL and Squat stance is the same, same muscles. Cant deny his progress.

Remember OL lifters have no trouble pulling in them, but they do OL style squats.

Interesting.

When I was squatting OL style, I did try to deadlift in the same shoes and pulled alright, but still 10kg less than in flat shoes (Converse).

Excuse my ignorance but I thought it was bad for growth plates to lift at a young age? Old wives tail ???

Old wives tale.

To actually stunt your growth you'd have to fracture an epiphsyeal plate which is bloody hard to do.

http://www.lonkilgore.com/ssyouth.pdf

There is a girl at my gym who is about 14 years old, she squats 105kg. She's also a state champion track sprinter. (cycling)

Interesting.

When I was squatting OL style, I did try to deadlift in the same shoes and pulled alright, but still 10kg less than in flat shoes (Converse).

FWIW I deadlift in my Do-Wins and I don't see any advantage in wearing my Chucks. Maybe I should give them a shot again.

Interesting.

I also train in a commerical gym, barefoot deadlifts wouldn't be allowed. And changing shoes 1/2 way through a session (and to cheap runners too!) is a little annoying so I adapted to lifting in squat shoes.

I'm not claiming its better than normal shoes / deadlift slippers, but to change would be quite a bit of effort, and I don't see any disadvantage to lifting with Do-wins.

You increase the range of motion the weight is traveling at which would make it harder (in cases if wearing higher shoes - this is how I feel when I deadlift with Bball shoes and it felt way easier deadlifting in socks...

I think it does have a noticeable effect but that may be due to me being weak!

Makes sense, deadlifting in squat shoes is like doing a deficit dead. You've got something under your heels increasing your range of motion. I do them in cheap broken old trainers so what do I know. I don't get too caught up in gear, just lift in what I turn up in and always add weight. I'm still only competing against myself so it makes no difference.

Cheers,
Mike

You increase the range of motion the weight is traveling at which would make it harder (in cases if wearing higher shoes - this is how I feel when I deadlift with Bball shoes and it felt way easier deadlifting in socks...

I think it does have a noticeable effect but that may be due to me being weak!
Im the same deadlifting in socks or slippers is alot easyer that shoes

You guys did notice that I mentioned he'd tried barefoot.

He has added 17.5kg to his deadlift since the Nats.

His 225kg dead was at 80kg.

Gareth may be able to help, but I think he was pulling around 180kg when he started at PTC, so a 45kg gain is pretty cool. It may have even be less

Last edited:
Here is a video of Mick attempting a 120kg clean. His PB is 117.5kg.

Dancer, please note, this is not a powerlift.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvPs2TzAs8]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Hey PTC- I'll try to make it tomorrow- but something has come up and I am not 100% sure I can get away in time. If I don't turn up tomorrow I'll be there next weekend.

Good to have Gawain and Steve in the gym on Saturday, two men who have totaled 900kg+

Towards the end of training tonight, a few of the footballers stopped to watch Alen and Max lift.

They had 207kg loaded on the Trap Bar. The guys said, "Theyre not going to deadlift that are they"

I replied no, then Alen and Max knocked out 10 reps of shrugs on it after deadlifting it

The boys were blown away

Dim actually deadlifted the 207, its a PB for him

For anyone who is interested the APT knee wrap thread on youtube here

I just got my Inzer wraps from steve (cheers mate!) and have a quick question.

Are wraps supposed to hurt like a mofo?

I know they need to be tight, which makes you walk like a mummy, but when I tried just squatting in the lounge room, it absolutely smashed me behind the knee. Is this just part and parcel with wearing wraps?
I tried to follow that tute as much as I could, but not sure what it looks like from behind.

I just got my Inzer wraps from steve (cheers mate!) and have a quick question.

Are wraps supposed to hurt like a mofo?

Yes.
Old James had one knee wrapped by steve on Saturday and he couldn't stand the pain. Steve said he wrapped it to about 50% of what he would do his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
VFA (Victorian Fitness Academy) just contacted me and asked if they could hire out PTC to run their courses.

I explained I had no electronic equipment or machines. They were fine with that, so we worked out a deal, they start next month