• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

Markos the guy is squatting 110kg he knows his shit better shut the garage :eek:

Oh im going to have to join up to the circus!

..wait scratch that its a riptoe dick sucking forum for novices..

http://www.startingstrength.com/resources/forum/showthread.php?t=17199

Thats probably one of his more minor achievements.

Wendler considers Rippetoe the greatest coach ever, Louie refers his beginner lifters to him and the gulledge brothers travel regularly to his gym.

You shouldnt comment on what you dont know noobs.

I didnt say riptoe sucks dick i said its full of retards who suck his dick.
Too much caffeine has altered your frontal lobes...

:p

All those coaches you mentioned are legends Oli, we all know that.

But that ****** Brad, the one with the 110kg squat lol

Wait till you read PTC # 134 newsletter, I just finished it.

For the record, I think SS has by far the best coaches from any forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
gary_gibson said:
I didn't have a horse in this race before because I really wasn't paying attention to AusBB or PTC. But horse's post got me curious, so I took a look.

This Markos dude is getting people stronger and for that he is to be commended. I hate that these ideological divisions about belts keep cropping up and pitting board against board and poster against poster. I've learned that fully geared strong guys are to be respected, as are really strong guys who just use belts and wraps, or just belts, or nothing at all. Strong is indeed strong, but the guys who train the gear still very much tend to be the strongest of the strong. Markos has produced some respectably strong people, but I'm not seeing any results about which to be swinging any dicks.

I've compiled deadlift and squat meet results along with bodyweights of their strongest guys from this page, and used the deadlift as the ordering criterion, mostly because it is helped less than the squat by the belt. I'm also assuming that their competition bests were done without a belt.

PERFORMANCE TRAINING CENTRE in Frankston, VIC - PH: 0404 453 542 - HOME OF THE 200KG DEADLIFT

I'm using myself as the barometer so I've left out any upper body lifting because my own upper body lifting is like that of a high school girl's.

DL---SQ---Bodyweight
260---190---108.3
260---200---104.4
247.5---172.5---81.1 (Kelly)
240---165---124.5
240---170---101.1
230---175---111.9
220---160---84.5 (Nico)
220---155---94.9

So with the exception of two people--the impressive Kelly and Nico--all the conventional deadlifts as heavy or heavier than mine were done by men weighing well over 200 lbs. (I weigh 180-184.)

Their results really fall below mine once you get below 80 kilos bodyweight, so comparisons aren't fair. Here then are the best DL and SQ results from men only slightly heavier than I (with exception of Kelly who weighs a couple pounds less than I)...

DL---SQ---Bodyweight
190---140--83.7
185---165---86.5

My competition bests
DL---SQ---Bodyweight

These are a belted sumo deadlift and belted squats, so I have some 'splain' to do...

I compete sumo and use a belt because I'm not a real man, but I recently maxed a conventional deadlift in the gym at 490 (~222.5) with a belt at 183 lbs (83 kilos). I freely admit that without being able to push against that belt, my best that day would have been 470 (~212.5). I'm about to test a new DL gym max at 181 lbs in a week and I really, really hope to get quite a bit over 500 lbs. Also, the belt allows me to squat 15 kilos over my best belt-less max (and about 10 kilos for my deadlift). So assume my best squat is 175 kilos for comparison with these guys. Looking at the chart, that still puts this cheating belt-user ahead of the slightly bigger boys.

I'm not bragging about any of this. My lifts are respectable but very modest and bragging about them would be as foolish as bragging about an 8" dick. My genetics are those of a mediocre distance runner and even with obsessive devotion my lifting results will never get international notice. I'm just making comparisons of results using myself since I'm the loudmouth who keeps pushing the use of a belt.

If my broken, below-average black ass is recovered from my knee troubles come August, I'd like to compete in the Ironman division of 100% just to show how well geared training (belt, sleeves wraps) carries over to completely naked lifting. I'm doing USAPL raw in July (again, knee injury permitting) at 181 to see how well I can do against my last results in that fed, division and weight class. But I feel it is necessary to put it on the line occasionally in sanctioned 1000000% RAAAAAAAAW meets just to show that using a belt and knee sleeves or wraps will get you strong too, because my name is attached to lengthy articles and posts defending this very notion. (I'll probably take it easy on the squat, however, if I'm not wearing anything on my knees.) The really strong, extreme gear guys have been stepping into the belt/sleeves only RUM to show that they are still the strongest. I probably won't win, but there's a 100% RAW meet right here in Orlando a few weeks after the USAPL American Open in Fort Lauderdale. I'd like to compete in the Ironman, un-belted division to see what I can do completely nekkid in competition.

Lastly I want to make it clear that I have only respect for the results the PTC guys are getting. I think their hatred of belts makes about as much sense as creation "science", but they are getting results and for that they are to be commended.

why am i still up? :(

Give me a C
Give me an O
Give me a R
Give me a T
Give me an I
Give me a S
Give me an O
Give me a L

Whats that spell? 4 mothers a day and you wonder why your sleep cycle is rooted...

Just a correction for Gary, incase he comes across for a look.

Kelly deadlifted 255kg and Nico 235kg as a junior, both at 79kg. These lifts were done at the VIC state titles last month.

That is more than Gary, not less. Gary's best without a belt is 222.5kg @ 83kg. He has pulled 232.5kg with a belt.

So he really shouldnt be saying we have nothing to swing our dicks about, Kelly pulls 30kg more than him.Thats 66lbs. Thats a lot more. Nico is a junior and he pulls more.

Max is 18 and 11kg lighter, and he pulls a mere 7.5kg less than Gary.

Gary's squat is irrelevant in that it was done with wraps, but a good effort anyway.

Max is hoping to squat that at the Worlds without wraps at 18.

Another PB smashed on week 7.
I know I shouldnt be doing this, but Ive just been curious as to how effective the program is.

Even half way, Its ****ing good :)

Promise no more big lifts untill the end.

Gary also seems to think that we dont have any other strong lifters at PTC besides Kelly and Nico. Without knowing much about them, he hasnt got much to go on, so I'll cover some other lifters and lifts.

Nick and Chris have deadlifted over 600lbs without a belt, training age 3 years. I dont care who you are or where you lift, that is awesome lifting.

Kelly and Nico he covered and was generous in his praise.

Here are some records. The APF is the American affiliate of WPC, like CAPO is in Oz.

MENS APF RAW OPEN DEADLIFT RECORD 75kg class

215kg Dre Valleza - 26 yo - Max 215kg 18yo

Thats the mens open class.

APF RAW AMERICAN RECORDS 82.5kg CLASS teenage (where Max will be competing in Sept)

82.5 KG CLASS
S 155 Herwald, Chris 90 3/21/2009 Gadsden
B 127.5 Herwald, Chris 90 3/21/2009 Gadsden
D 192.5 Turner, Sheyden 89 4/3/2009 Idaho Falls 4th
T 455 Herwald, Chris

Max does @ 74kg, in competition
S 170kg
BP 105kg
DL 215kg
T 490kg

WPC RAW WORLD RECORDS 82.5kg class

82.5 KG CLASS
S 160.0 Prodanov. Vladimir 89 RUS 02/26/2009 Chelyabinsk. Russia
B 105.0 Prodanov. Vladimir 89 RUS 02/26/2009 Chelyabinsk. Russia
D 210.0 Prodanov. Vladimir 89 RUS 02/26/2009 Chelyabinsk. Russia
T 475.0 Prodanov. Vladimir 89 RUS 02/26/2009 Chelyabinsk. Russia 160-105-210

So we have more than a couple of good lifters Gary, I wont post up all the others that will break WR in August at our Nats.

Like you, I'm not comparing dicks, just stating some facts.

Last edited:
Back on topic, check this out.

index.php

Thats freakin mad Markos... how did you do that mate? when i get around to buying an ipad mate ill be keen to download this app :)

One of my clients is a computer programmer, its a joint venture, with more to come.

Should be available shortly, he's making sure it runs as it should.

Rest period timer
A function that tells you you're a pussy when you don't complete the set program.
Posted via Mobile Device

Will there be a range of exercises, or PPP only?

Install iFitness. Its a great app, although its full of buso ball shit and cables. It has all the basic compounds, but no cleans ect... You could get some great ideas from that. Its about $2.49

logging with "export to emial" would be good. iFitness has it, so then I can email my workout to myself and put it in a folder. Also, i can then copy and past it onto my AusBB log.

If you break a PB, a hot chick pops up and shows you her boobs? that would be cool :)