• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Supplements - Necessary or not?

I have never had any luck with any suppliments. increaseing the amount of water I drink has helped me alot.

Looks like I have to make at least 10 posts before I can PM anyone (?) If you could PM me with some info that would be great. Cheers

Or the other ones I'm looking at are Body Science WPI or Body Ripped Evolution WPI.

Sorry, would post the links but the forum only allows URL's to be posted after you have reached the lofty heights of 15 posts...

Again you are looking at branded protein which is way overpriced. I will PM you some links.

Hi Shrek - I've managed to lose the contact details you sent me previously... would you mind resending to ravenatwork@hotmail.com. I still haven't posted enough to gain access to PM functions.

Cheers

From what I have seen you diet is poor. Lots of processed foods, lots of carbs, almost no protein.

If you want to lose weight your diet is the most important part. You need to consume less calories than you are consuming.

You should be eating 6 small meals per day. Each should contain a protein source and either salad and vegies. Cut out all processed/refined carbs like pastas and breads, drink no calories (only drink water or diet/zero soft drink, NO ALCOHOL)

Train weight weights 3 times per week. Do some extra cardio if you like BUT THE WEIGHT LOSS WILL ALL COME FROM THE DIET. Weight training will burn calories for longer than cardio, it will also make you strong and build some muscle.

If you have your diet correct you do not need a protein supp. I personally love the convenience of them so I use a lot of protein power. I buy dymatize elite. 4.5kg for around $110 - 120. No need for glamourous or fancy protein powder, its not that important. Your diet however is.

Need to watch for quality issues with some brands here, i have seen test results of some mainstream brands being as low as 55% protein out of a 100 score. Watch for the sweetners as well. Having a high quality protein shake is good for you, look at the amino acid spectrum analysis and hydrolysed wpi is faster digesting than food straight after a workout, food is king though but provided you dont abuse one or the other it is all good. I always look for a protein that hasnt gone through a lot of process's before it hits the shelf. Undernatured is best.
AZZA

Redback had a few issues with there protein cant remember but i think they got recalled back to the company for review