• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Pancakes

Jim_Junkie

Hey just wondering are protein pancake mixes worth getting? or will the heat from the frying pan denature the protein (making it ineffective) :rolleyes:

Hey just wondering are protein pancake mixes worth getting? or will the heat from the frying pan denature the protein (making it ineffective) :rolleyes:

Heat denatured all protein mate.. All that means is it breAks down the more complex structure of it. It doesn't destroy it all and render it useless. I would make your self as you control what goes into to. No bad fillers ect. Add almond meal for texture..
Posted via Mobile Device

For a pre-bought mix of protein pancakes the Redbak Nutrition one's aren't bad. Basically just almond meal and whey with a few other things to help with shelf life. Making a big batch yourself is easier and if you don't feel like pancakes just make it into a great meal replacement "shake" with the same ingredients.

Almond Meal (I prefer un-blanched)
Whey Protein
Whole Eggs/Whites
Milk (optional, not for me)
Bit of water

Mix all ingredients into a batter. Start with dry, wisk together liquids seperately. Add liquids to dry. Insta-batter. Cook as you would pancakes.

-Mitch.

Anyone care to post up a recipe for these?

Pretty keen to give these a go. Havent eaten pankcakes in almost a year!

Anyone care to post up a recipe for these?

Pretty keen to give these a go. Havent eaten pankcakes in almost a year!

Denver they are low carb but still high I calories so don't assume it is a "free" i food... I usually make on feel from what I recall.

100g whey
300g almond meal
4 eggs
Half cup milk
Stevia
Cacao
Cinnamon all to taste

These taste better once cooled and the next day are even better. Don't hate me I thy don't turn out becausethat is a rough guide sometimes I'll use more or less add more eggs ect.

If you don't mind the sugar 100% pure un pasteurized maple syrup is the goods.

If consistency isn't right change it around.
Posted via Mobile Device