• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein AND Gainer?

B

blakeimage

Hey guys,

Just a couple of quick questions. Its come time to purchase my supps again, and want a bit of clarification before hitting that 'Confirm Order' button.

Do i use a Protein (natural or 100% ON Gold Standard) AND a Gainer (Universal Real Gains?)

Or is that wasting time and money, and better off sticking with one or the other?

Also... With regards to the protein... Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard? Or Natural WPC from Proteindirect.com.au ???

Blake

I use the WPI & WPC from Proteindirect it's good value.
i would just drink in plenty milk for a weight gainer.

Wpc is all thats needed for day to day use.

Besides during training you want bca's and carbs.

Protein chains need to be broken down into specific amino acids to be utilised this takes time. amino acids are already in a usable state...

Half way through workout i start on bca's l-arginine creatine l-carnitine and dextrose.. finish training i have 2 scoops wpc, then its off to find a complete meal.. The shake is to fit in in case there is traffic or something delays my nutrition it is not my soul source/

Blake,
WPC is fine. If you want a gainer add natural peanut butter and drink it with full cream milk or add oats.

I'd go here for my whey supplements instead of what you have chosen: http://www.fitnesscentral.com.au/

The place you have chosen gets his powders from the US. I personally prefer the Australian and New Zealand whey (and I told him so). Granted not all your manufacturers are the same, I had never in all my years of involvement in the iron sports had a better and cleaner tasting whey powder than I received from Fitness Central. And I'm talking about the plain one not the flavoured stuff. If your base product (whey) is not up to scratch then you've got no hope of achieving the results you were hoping for when you add the flavouring etc.

PS: I'm not a sponsored athlete.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi,

I was looking at buying the $400+ bag of NZ protein from proteindirect.com.au

Being a kiwi myself, i'd prefer to have NZ protein aswell :)

Would that be suitable?

Fadi,

I was looking at buying the $400+ bag of NZ protein from proteindirect.com.au

Being a kiwi myself, i'd prefer to have NZ protein aswell :)

Would that be suitable?

Only and I do mean only if you can trust that the product is a Kiwi. Otherwise I wouldn't take it for free. Love the NZ products!

Fadi.

I'v been using a gainer shake called "mammoth" which has glutamine n stuff in it, but I mix it with 2-3 scoops of oatmass.

So im considering Fadi's option. But getting the mass stack which gives me 3kg of protein and 6kg oatmass..

Suitable for gaining solid mass with a decent daily food intake?

don't worry about 'weightgainers', it's usually a wpc with a lot of cheap dirty carbs mixed in there (with maybe some decent lower GI carbs).

'the XYZ weight gainer will put 10kg on your frame in 3 weeks'. No shit. That's because it's full of crap sugar

I went with the FitnessCentral WPC + Oatmass combo.

i got 2 lots... 6kg of WPC and 12kg Oatmass...

lets see how we go!

^^^ Sorry mate, I was recommending the 20kg WPC in the manufacturers bags. At $290 that's a good deal, but if you want the flavoured stuff or WPI then its more. Blake was talking about bulking so I figured WPC would be better than WPI anyway.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
I went with the FitnessCentral WPC + Oatmass combo.

i got 2 lots... 6kg of WPC and 12kg Oatmass...

lets see how we go!

You've done very well Blake, very well indeed. I wrote plenty of words about Oatmass/Oatmuscle (now) because I believe in it. And as for whey protein, I would not buy anything else apart from WPC (if I could only handle the bit of lactose in it but I can't), so I settle for WPI.

Please do check this; I think the taste here is simply awesome (even if I say so myself):http://ausbb.com/recipes/9053-magic-wake-up-shake.html

Fadi.

Last edited: