• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Advice - ON Hydrowhey, Bulknutients WPI, NBS WPI or Bulkproteins WPI

JLY

Hi

This is my first post so I apologise if this is a topic discussed previously.

I would really like some advice from other people.

I've been using ON Hydrowhey, which is good, but expensive and has only a 75% protein content.

I've mainly used this as I'm lactose intolerant (partial) and due to the fact its hydrolysed (although it seems the current thinking is that it has no benefit over WPI).

I'm planning to switch to an Australian WPI.

Anyone have experience or advice on either:
1) Bulknutrients WPI
2) NBS WPI
3) Bulkproteins WPI

It seems BN is well respected and has independent nutritional analysis.
I'm a bit concerned over the whole testing fiasco of NBS.

Are people getting good results from this Australian branded WPI, or should I stick with the well branded stuff like ON.

Thanks.

JLY

Hydrolised is a semi digested Whey Protein Concentrate, its % should be higher than WPI which means >90%. The fact it is not means it is a waste of money.

For yourself there should be very little difference between that and Whey protein concentrate (about 85% protein) in terms of intolerance

Don't get No Bull, you just get bullshit.

BN WPC is good but may not taste as well as your Hydro whey at present

Semi digested? Save ya cash and let your body do the digesting. Apparently its pretty good at it.

If you are lactose intolerant (like me) either go for non-dairy like rice protien or wpi.

Just remember protein shakes are only a supplement and its more important to get your diet right.

Just avoid no bull

Lactose intolerance is a reversible condition at the time of consuming anything with lactose in it by adding lactase to your body (which your body does not produce enough of which is why you are intolerant to lactose).

Simply empty the contents of a lactase capsule into your serving of WPI or WPC and you will no longer be intolerant to the lactose.

Just keep this in mind:

Oh-you-work.jpg

Lactose intolerance is a reversible condition at the time of consuming anything with lactose in it by adding lactase to your body (which your body does not produce enough of which is why you are intolerant to lactose).

Simply empty the contents of a lactase capsule into your serving of WPI or WPC and you will no longer be intolerant to the lactose.

Adding lactase does not change the fact that someone's body is lactose intolerant. The added lactase just help break down the lactose so the body is in less contact with it.

It is NOT a reversible condition. But a condition that can be controlled by smart food choices and supplementation.

Adding lactase does not change the fact that someone's body is lactose intolerant. The added lactase just help break down the lactose so the body is in less contact with it.

It is NOT a reversible condition. But a condition that can be controlled by smart food choices and supplementation.

Riddles,

I am severely lactose intolerant and for many years now.
It's important that I worded it "at the time of consuming anything with lactose in it" and not a completely reversible condition for good.

Adding lactase at the time lactose is present will not have you intolerant to that lactose.

Lactase is the temporary fix to the problem.
I carry around my capsules where ever I go. In the case of WPI, I empty one capsule in my shaker for safe measures.

We are both saying the same thing at the end of the day. You are correct.
My wording may have got lost there.

I would say the majority of people I talk to do not know that there is a fix to lactose intolerance and purposely avoid foods with lactose.
This was me for the first year with this condition until I did some reading and discovered lactase powder / capsules as well as lactose free milk! :)

Cheers. Sorry for any confusion there.

You haven't made the switch to Rice or Pea Isolate?

It is an option but WPI, to me at least, is superior in taste.
When the fix is to simply add lactase in my shaker, why change to something that is not quite what I want in taste?

Lactose intolerance is very manageable. I still eat pizza and creamy desserts at restaurants on weekends, I just need lactase before consuming.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the replies.

I have gone with BN.
Ordered Sunday night, arrived Tuesday in Sydney.

I ordered the vanilla and chocolate flavours.

So far, I have tried the vanilla, which is good, but not as sweet or as fine powdered as the ON Hydrowhey.
Most importantly, no lactose intolerance symptoms.
Overall, pretty happy with the result thus far (although time will tell).

On the topic of lactose intolerance, I drink the Zymils Lactose free milk, which I find gives me now symptoms at all.

JLY

WPI isn't worth the extra cost
Whey generally passes through your body too fast.
Egg has the best blend of amino acids
Casein clots up and gives a timed release

So I buy all these, 5:2:2 WPC, egg, micellar casein and mix them together in 1 big tub. I'll add in a small amount of leucine as well which I just have left over in a large amount

Hydrolysed protein is not worth the cost. It will pass through your system very fast. You'll get better absorption from egg/milk/casein