• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

propecia/proscar

fobzy

hey

ive searched and searched and read everything I can on the net, but still really not sure what to do

it sucks, but im going bald at 24. Double kick to the balls after being dumped but anyway

I spoke to my doc and he mentioned about getting me on propecia. Going next week and pretty sure I'll get a prescription.

Now ive read lots about the loss of sex drive and other side effects etc but what I cant find much on is if it will effect building muscle? This is something the doc isnt going to know either, they never really understand

So whats the deal, is it going to affect the gym at all? because going bald sucks, but it looks like its a better option over having no sex drive/depression and killing of any gains at the gym :(

thanks

From what I have read most hair loss treatments affect testosterone levels (most likely free test levels) so yeah it will hamper your muscle building a little but noobs on here has levels that are extremely low and still built muscle so it is not like it will not happen it may just be a little slower.

I say follow shreks advice and go with it
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, Fina definately effects test levels. Not worth it if you are trying to gain muscle. Although easy for me to say because I am not receding. I have a full crop of hair :D

crap really? How much of a negative affect?

The only thing I could find on the net is its effect when taking roids, nothing natural

argh I dont know what to do now. unfortunaltely I dont thing a shaved head is going to suit me :(

mate take it from a fella who's been in your position. Don't waste your money. You're only putting off what's going to happen ANYWAY. Save you're money & save it for the local peep show...or something more worthwhile.

I've been losing my hair for a long time. I know what it's like to be in the early 20's & going bald. There are bigger thing to worry about. Besides...think how cool you'll look with a fully shaven head (like what i do.....

dave-bathroom.jpg

Dave Tate

thumbnail.php

Branch Warren

jordan_headshot.jpg

Michael Jordan

i dont think i have a head that will suit it :(

i know its going to happen eventually, but 10 years would be nice !

I got the prescritpion. my doc said its pretty safe and hes never had anyone come back with any serious side effects. He printed out about 20 pages from manfuacturer on the studies and stuff which ill read through

anyone think there is any harm in tryin it out for maybe 6 months? I feel really good phsically otherwise, blood tests are all good so I'd hate to mess my body up :confused:

I agreed with Shrek. Embrace it.

Plus, you'll look like a mad bastard if you get some covered in tatts...

hmmm. i might try rogain and nizoral shampoo first then. training is going so well and i dont want to ruin it.

damn this sucks :(

Its hair if its all you have to worry about thank ****ing god! If yoy take fina you are a foool.
Posted via Mobile Device

agreed. I saw a guy yesterday that had a forehead towards the back of his head. To me that's not a good look. I much rather shave my head on a daily basis than look like that.

bald.jpg

to me this doesn't look good. i'd much rather shave than look like this

I'm gonna give it a shot. Been reading everything I can and the majority of guys say they are fine and making good progress at the gym..also can't find anything that says dht is needed for muscle building

Also I swear the gym has sped it up. Never had a problem till I started training, and my old man didn't go bald till his 40s
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
You clearly havnt searched enough...

Ill see you on my HRT board asking why you have ****ed hormones in a while :p

If i had a $ for every thread regarding fin/pros i would be a rich man.

Can you please link me to anything you have?

I've read like 50 threads on bodybuilding.com, a couple medical studies, the official study from the makers of propecia and had a chat to my gp

Not doubting you or anything, its just hard to separate the facts from the usual internet exaggeration
Posted via Mobile Device

There are other alternative options that would help your health and gym work. Depends how bad it is.

Stinging nettle root and saw palmetto to name two.

Noobs and fadi will be able to tell you more I'm sure.

Yeah I'm up for something else If there Is. Ive ordered regaine and nizarol

my hair isn't terrible yet but I need to do something
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I'm up for something else If there Is. Ive ordered regaine and nizarol

my hair isn't terrible yet but I need to do something
Posted via Mobile Device

MSM is good for nails and hair and it has one hell of a side effect called: energy!

Fadi.

i started receding in my early 20's and started shaving my head. i also didn't think i had a head suited to being shaved but it's only what you get used to. 10 years down the track i couldn't imagine having hair lol.

a mate of mine started receding (albeit at a fast rate) a few years after me, he researched and tried everything under the sun from advanced hair, rogaine, oils, everything. across a few years he reckons he spent close to $20k trying to save his hair (mostly with yeah, yeah). he's been shaving his head for a while now.

i reckon you have 2 choices, put rogaine on your bean for the rest of your life or don't stress about it. as noobs, pointed out there are bigger things to worry about.