• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Programming help.

Snoochies

After doing my second Tough Mudder this year I have really enjoyed the fitness side if things. I was sitting at 106kg when I did Mudder and running was and still is my biggest weakness so I have continued the running and now watching the calories alot closer.
There were many aspects of training that I loved when training for Mudder but I did without the weights and am looking at starting strength training again. So far my routine is as this:

Monday: Distance run
Tuesday: Strength
Wednesday: Hill Sprints
Thursday: Strength
Friday: Distance run
Saturday:?????

Saturday I want to do either a full body tabata workout or do I do an extra strength. I really enjoyed the tabata type workout (Bas Rutten ) All round workout to be precise.
Again all the above is aimed at enjoyment, workouts I love that I know I will stick to plus to be in better shape for my next Mudder or maybe a Spartan if the fitness gets alot better.

So I guess a long story short, what to do Saturdays?

Sorry for the long post.
Cheers

After doing my second Tough Mudder this year I have really enjoyed the fitness side if things. I was sitting at 106kg when I did Mudder and running was and still is my biggest weakness so I have continued the running and now watching the calories alot closer.
There were many aspects of training that I loved when training for Mudder but I did without the weights and am looking at starting strength training again. So far my routine is as this:

Monday: Distance run
Tuesday: Strength
Wednesday: Hill Sprints
Thursday: Strength
Friday: Distance run
Saturday:?????

Saturday I want to do either a full body tabata workout or do I do an extra strength. I really enjoyed the tabata type workout (Bas Rutten ) All round workout to be precise.
Again all the above is aimed at enjoyment, workouts I love that I know I will stick to plus to be in better shape for my next Mudder or maybe a Spartan if the fitness gets alot better.

So I guess a long story short, what to do Saturdays?

Sorry for the long post.
Cheers

Do you need two distance runs days? how about move thursdays strength to the friday and do tabata training saturday have thursday and sunday as rest days?

Just thinking because you're going to get an element of endurance cross over with hill sprints and the tabata as this type of training will help your body to recover faster from things like lactic acid build up, which as im sure you know is something that is prevelant to those types of events.

I'd take hill sprints over long distance running any day. Your heart might feel like it's going to jump out of your chest alienz style but your aerobic fitness will improve drammatically because of it.

Unless of course, you're passionate about long distance running, then in which case Saturday should be your active recovery day - focus on mobility, stretching, rooting. etc.