• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre workout supps..what to take?

gymjunkie, is jack3d that good? does it give a good muscle pump or just good for energy? iv got to buy a new pre drink for my mate and its out of jack3d, white flood or shotgun. im using vp3 shotgun (grape bubblegum) at the moment for the protein in it and the beta alanine tweaks and asn nanobolic during workout. after im out thought im swicthing up to white flood and purple wraath.

gymjunkie, is jack3d that good? does it give a good muscle pump or just good for energy? iv got to buy a new pre drink for my mate and its out of jack3d, white flood or shotgun. im using vp3 shotgun (grape bubblegum) at the moment for the protein in it and the beta alanine tweaks and asn nanobolic during workout. after im out thought im swicthing up to white flood and purple wraath.

I have mates that used the White Flood and Purple Wrath and swear by them. I haven't tried them yet. I have done many supplement reviews on most of the pre-workout drinks out there and i believe your body gets accustomed to the drink rather quickly. A true good drink has no caffeine and no sugar crash. Look for something with little sugar. Most drinks use cheap fillers. Watch for magnesium as well as too much and you will shit. I have also stacked many different products. Go to The Iron Dungeon.org and check out my reviews under supp discussion. Screen name is AZZA 21 pages of reviews. I have been reviewing products there for over 12 months and have done probably 70 products all up. I like Isatori Morph GX3 tabs, also Body Well First Order, Black Powder is good and a few stacks of mainly herbal ones i have done Endorphix stacked with Glutamine High C and Lucidrol is a nice stack.
AZZA

Last edited:

"is it really THAT good?" No. But its probably the best pre workout I've had. I've heard that shotgun gives you bad stomach cramps and similar side effects to superpump. White flood I've only tried in pill form and I wasn't impressed.

USPLabs Jacked - Jacked By USPLabs - keep in mind this is 90% marketing crap and its written by usp labs, but you can get a couple things out of it. I think the main point they try to make is that they don't use so many fillers like the other companies, and I kind of agree with them, considering the serving size is so much smaller, yet works well.

I've had decent pumps, energy is good but it's not so jittery like no-xplode etc. It's not so dramatic and UP-DOWN. Give it a shot mate

I have been using nano vapor of late. A couple mates swear by it, but I havent found it to be overly useful. Perks me up a little bit, but thats about it.

I will be trying NO-Xplode next (decision based on the fact that I was given 3/4 of a bottle/container thingy off a mate)

i dont know about the white flood tabs, isnt that white blood? but the two times iv had white flood i was racing on it. had it to early pre and had trouble driving to the gym. my little brother never got this but i sold a mate a tub last week and told him to half scoop it to get used to it and he said he felt half off his head from it. NO vapor is the last msucle tech product i bought and there wasnt much to it, they hype there supps so hard that even if its good your still dissapointed.

The first time you use any of the above wil always be the best time you used it, using these 3-4 times a week loses its effectiveness due to tolerance, i can have 10 grams of beta alanine and not get anything if i have been using it all week. Almost need cycling.
AZZA

Last edited:
I have used/use Jacked 3d and I`m aware that it contains Caffeine which is not good but I only use the minimum amount = max 1 scoop which does not give me that jittery feeling but a lot of focus which does help me to lift a bit heavier and cut the rest time between sets.
I did take max serving once but will never do that again and not even 2 scoops.
1 scoop does the trick and in that way the tub last me almost 4 months which will not break the bank either.
But we are all different and some people does not respond to Caffeine or other substances which makes it even better for them I suppose since there is no use for them to buy it and they also do not take any risks regarding Caffeine e.t.c.

I have used/use Jacked 3d and I`m aware that it contains Caffeine which is not good but I only use the minimum amount = max 1 scoop which does not give me that jittery feeling but a lot of focus which does help me to lift a bit heavier and cut the rest time between sets.
I did take max serving once but will never do that again and not even 2 scoops.
1 scoop does the trick and in that way the tub last me almost 4 months which will not break the bank either.
But we are all different and some people does not respond to Caffeine or other substances which makes it even better for them I suppose since there is no use for them to buy it and they also do not take any risks regarding Caffeine e.t.c.

Firstly, welcome to Ausbb Red dust; and secondly, your common sense when it comes to dosages is refreshing indeed. I'm sure some people just follow what's on the label treating the supplement as if it was a drug. Some supplement companies are only interested in you taking the maximum dosage or whatever they recommend. You Red dust chose to listen to the best of the best feed back tool instead; your own body. Well done mate.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi.
Just came home from the gym and all went well with the lowest recommended dosing.
Did one pr plus was focused without jitter and other side effects, maybe one day I even stop using it but for now it seems to work.
Still not happy that it contain artificial sweetener though but maybe the amount is too low to make any damage.

Jacked in the US has been reformulated, not as potent now. New studies suggest that caffeine works against Arginine in pre workout supps. I suggest not using products with both these plus beta alanine. I have just been using VPX shotgun and its good, also has protein in it. I like these ones, Isatori Morph, Body Well First Order.
AZZA

Thanks Fadi.
Just came home from the gym and all went well with the lowest recommended dosing.
Did one pr plus was focused without jitter and other side effects, maybe one day I even stop using it but for now it seems to work.
Still not happy that it contain artificial sweetener though but maybe the amount is too low to make any damage.

Red dust, have you heard of TRAC? It's made by MHP. Here's a link so you can read about it, it's got the arginine you were telling me about. Please get back to me after you finished reading the review. Thank you mate. http://www.nicemuscle.com/trac-lemon-ice-81330.htm

Fadi.

TRAC seems to be good especially when you read the testimonials.
Would have been nice if there would be a good supplement out there where they do not have the need to add an artificial sweetener.
Remember in the 90`s when they added Aspartame to a lot of products to find out later that it could damage the brain, ate quite a bit of that stuff and I still seem to be normal...............
Now they have other sweeteners that they say is ok but if you do some research on Internet you might find people say otherwise.
I might be wrong but if a product is that good would not people take it even if it taste bad?
The only natural sweetener I found so far besides sugar is Stevia which is a herb (natural) that will not mess up the insulin levels.
I`m not an expert and I might be wrong but if it is possible I try to use as natural stuff as possible, just my opinion.
I can and will not preach too much since I do take supplements that contain: artificial sweeteners, colourings and Caffeine but if I find a good one without any toxins I would be happy to change product until then I use it in moderation.
Thanks Fadi, I will consider this product in the future.
I`m implementing a few things that you recommended about nutrition and training and I will let you know how it is going once I given it some time.
Cheers.

Thanks Fadi, I will consider this product in the future.

Red dust, I've already got one for you from the US, PM your address or an address you'd like me to send it to and you'll get it in few days my friend. I'd like you to give it a go since you’re fond of arginine and what it does.

Unfortunately arginine works extremely well for me which means my blood pressure goes through the floor which in turn kills my training. So anything to do with NO is no for me.

I've already given one TRAC away and the next one is yours...if you want it.

PS: Stevia I buy by the thousands from the good old USA; they're half the price of what we can buy them here Down Under.

Fadi.

Last edited:
My experience: Dont take any

Ive tried:
Jack3d
Blackpowder
NO xplode
Horsepower (caffeine free)
hblocker

As far as actual gains and adding weight, a couple of bananas pre workout were just as good
I leant to stimulate myself with my mind/music. No side affects.
Ive actually made the best progress in the last couple of months of training where I have not taken any preworkouts. Creatine free also.
But hey if you get a big jolt from it and you reckon its working go for it.

hi guys newbie to the forum not to training
i have a very phisical job that i start early so the only time i get to train is in ther afternoon before the kids come home so i take pre workout mixes to get me going,these are my experiances,,

noexplode,,little extra pump,no focus no vas heaps of energy body got used to it half way through my send tub stopped seeing benifits

superpump 250,,awsome pumps little extra vas no focus average energy couldnt stand taste

blackpowder,,er its blue is the first thing that freaked me,good pump, extra vas, AWSOME FOCUS not quite as good as noexplode on energy but good

ive stayed with blackpowder it has the least caffine in (has taurine) and for me is the best alrounder
something id like to add everyone love the veins....rite??? these products promote thereselves om ROAD MAP VEINS but contain so much caffine ?? does this not contradict ???as caffine been reported to restrict vascularity

just a thought didnt no if any of you guys new something ie more than me about this?

hope that gives you guys looking at buying pre workout mixes some idea before u part with yr money

I've never used a Pre-Work Out supp before, today a friend gave me some of his White Flood with GABA in it, it was like having 4 lines of coke before training, energy plus! I trained well on it, lets just hope I get to sleep tonight lol.