• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

pre/rehab equipment/gear

lkt004

What does everyone use for the prevention/treatment/makes you able to train through it?

I have recently purchased the following;

Foam roller and foam mat for home.
Slingshot elbow sleeves, these have helped immensly, can also use them on my knees but they are very tight. Squatted up to 275 today and not the slightest bit of pain. The true test will be after the comp on the weekend.

Knee/elbow sleeves - finding i have less knee pain/tightness when warming up, although this could be from the foam rolling and stretching but they give good warmth none the less.

Hardcore wrist wraps, i bought the sportkraft white wrist wraps, and it has taken me a week to stretch them enough to crank them by myself. Again no pain after squats/mp/bench last week.

What do you use?

Rehab
Pvc pipe
Hockey Ball
Voodoo floss band
Rumble roller

Other
Slingshot arm bands on order
knee and elbow sleeves
Full length skins

The only thing I use with any sort of regularity is the TENS machine

Rehab

TheraCane
Hockey Ball
Medicine Ball
Black Rumble Roller
Bosu Fighting Stick
Compression Band - Voodoo floss
Thumb / forefinger / elbow :D

I have a foam roller, rumble roller and half a dozen lacrosse balls scattered in various locations. I've got a couple of voodoo floss bands as well.

I am waiting on a Supernova and Gemini from MobilityWOD.

Having said a that I don't do nearly as much as I should especially having started sheiko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rehab/Support

Foam Roller
Slingshot Elbow Sleeves
Slingshot Wrist Wraps
Slingshot
Rapi Gel
Anti Inflammatorys
Deep Tissue Massages

I'm surprised more people here don't use the TENS machine
Do you guys simply not know about them? Or did you find they didn't do much?
I use it on my upper back a lot. Daily deadlifting fucked my traps up hardcore and electric pulses breaks the knotting up great and stop them cramping post training. It also is the only thing that cures my elbow tendinitis from benching- I hook it up either side of my elbow on my inside forearm and inside triceps

I'm surprised more people here don't use the TENS machine
Do you guys simply not know about them? Or did you find they didn't do much?
I use it on my upper back a lot. Daily deadlifting fucked my traps up hardcore and electric pulses breaks the knotting up great and stop them cramping post training. It also is the only thing that cures my elbow tendinitis from benching- I hook it up either side of my elbow on my inside forearm and inside triceps

Are you trolling the TENS machine?

TENS machines are the good.
Use it for soft tissue injuries after the swelling period when you use ice.
Pretty much have it on all day on the highest setting you can.

Foam roller - good for your hips
Rubber bands - great for shoulder prehab

Tbh if you do 10 min of simple calestenics every morning it will work out a lot of kinks and you will never have doms. Eg 1 star jumps or mountain climbers 2 push up variation 3 lunge variation 4 sit up variation 5 band pull...do 2-3 cycles 20-30 reps per exercise... 5-10 min and you will be all prehabbed for the day.

I read somewhere by someone a lot more knowledgeable than me or most of you that foam rolling before exercise was not good. Anyone else ever read this?