• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre - Intra - Post

Jim_Junkie

Hey guys,

I just wanted some advice on pre - intra - post workout nutrition.

Pre workout: I was thinking complex carb and a source of quality protein

Intra workout: Just water? I am not to sure on what is important for this time period

Post Workout: I am at a cross roads, should I stick just to having my protein shake (whey & casein) or go with vitargo & BCAA's (or creatine), then 10 minutes later have my PS

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Im a big beleiver that if you have your diet correct you shouldnt need a preworkout supp,

You should be trying to eat 5-6 times a day , just work your workout around these meals wisely.

I swear by dates as soon as ive put down my last weight.

They have a higher GI than dextrose I believe mate.
Insulin spike?
Posted via Mobile Device

I use dates for an insulin spike, as sticky said there very high GI.

There also high in calcium, magnesium and potassium.

They replenish glycogen stores after your workout,

stop protien breakdown and increase ammino uptake.

All good for muscle growth.

Saying all that above , apart from post workout and first thing in the morning try and stay away from simple sugars.

I have done this whole beat up many a time and just get bloated, on my reviews if you follow them i mentioned that after doing a protein drink 1 hour before then pre, during and after with the training drinks and then a protein drink 30 minutes later is 2.5 ltrs of mainly fillers, colors, heaps of magnesium (shits) and bloat. The best way is some food 1 hour before, make up your own blend of bcaa's or buy Xtend, have some food within 30 minutes and like others have said choose some insulin spike foods. Friend of mine has a mars bar for his spike.

AZZA

I've tried a few of those pre/post drinks and found out it was all full of sugar and caffiene. Stick to whey protein as your number 1 supp with BCAA's & EAA's. Eat plenty of fibrous carbs (fruit & vege)

This is what I do pre / intra / post training:

9.30am - WPC/CC Protein shake
200gms Steamed Vege
1 x Large Banana
15 x Almonds

11.30am - 12.30pm - (Workout) - Sip on SciVation Exend with 1 scoop of Endura

1.00pm - 1 Scoop of ON 100% Whey + 1 Scoop of International Protein Extreme Carbs

3.00pm - Whole food protein & carbs