• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powertec Bench Press

Just a quick question if anyone's had any experience with this bench press?

Last edited:
I don't know anything about that one but look for something with a wide bench. My current one is 25cm wide and it is like benching on a balance beam, it makes benching a pain in the arse. If you can find a 30cm wide one that's what I would go for.

I don't know anything about that one but look for something with a wide bench. My current one is 25cm wide and it is like benching on a balance beam, it makes benching a pain in the arse. If you can find a 30cm wide one that's what I would go for.

This one is 30cm wide Bazza, I also like it because the lower section of the bench pad tapers in narrower towards the end so it won't get in the way of my legs.
This bench is used but in as new condition and is priced very well.

Man I haven't shopped for a bench in many years and am finding it frustrating.

Thanks for looking guys.

with that kind of adjusting mech.. is it going to flap and wobble about when it is flat and you have a bit of weight on bar?
looks like pretty poor leverage to maintain non-floppiness?
or it might be many awesomes :D

with that kind of adjusting mech.. is it going to flap and wobble about when it is flat and you have a bit of weight on bar?
looks like pretty poor leverage to maintain non-floppiness?
or it might be many awesomes :D

Yes, that was a concern, will be checking it out in person first to make sure.

I have the bench, buy a cheaper one the powertec one is really not worth its cost. My $50 gumtree bench is miles better, as in much more solid and alot less flimsy

Last edited:
it lacks sturdiness, that's my biggest complaint, the bench is ok width wise, however it just moves too much for my liking underneath you when actually benching.

does it need to be incline as well?

Definitely want the incline callan
I can get this bench for $250 which I thought was a pretty good price but the incline mechanism worries me a bit
Stuff it, I might just get the Muscle Motion FID bench from Gym Direct

Last edited:
Maybe just get a pair of squat stands and an adjustable bench
Might work out cheaper but all the new incline benches I saw cost a fair bit of money

Maybe just get a pair of squat stands and an adjustable bench
Might work out cheaper but all the new incline benches I saw cost a fair bit of money

I considered that too Oni as I already have a squat stand but I prefer to just have a dedicated bench press without having to move it around

Definitely want the incline callan
I can get this bench for $250 which I thought was a pretty good price but the incline mechanism worries me a bit
Stuff it, I might just get the Muscle Motion FID bench from Gym Direct

I have their cheaper FID bench and its decent but a bit thin (not nearby to measure atm...)

Having said that its probably of similar width to 99% of FID benches atm. What you want is a wide flat bench... I'm chasing one now. I got some training at PTC Brisbane recently and their comp bench is like 34cm or 38cm wide, it was great. No idea where I'll get one like that.