• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting feds

Exactly right.
But prize money is VERY hard to get hold of, and PL feds have little cash to spend.

Im pretty sure ProRaw gave away over 10K last year in cash and prizes, that would be the biggest amount by any fed in aus.

GPC Australia is not for profit, and every year will be helping its world team financially as much as possible. No other fed (that I'm aware of) splits its money up for the world team to assist in the representation.

PTC's are a strength and conditioning gym. Gyms like ours, Henry Day at muscle pit, Wayne in Tas, Elite Physique are all doing a great job in promoting our sport.

Give it a few years, and PL in aus will be going strong, and I assure you, there will be cash prizes.

Yeah, it is a shame Aust has to have so may federations, 5 at present. Bit like the Christian religion, started with one and now there are two thousand sects or whatever.

That is why i have offered an all-federation top list as soon every second lifter in the country can run around claiming an Aust record.

But in the end, some will prosper and others will fade.

As for money in the sport, yes it is good, but most of us do weightlifting, powerlifting or athletics because we like the individual challenge.

I hope such sports can attract sponsorship, but if they dont, we will still have plenty of comps to enter.

Last edited:
EVeryone I have spoken to only has the best intentions for our sport and not one person is driven by self interest. The sport I'll prosper because of this just give it a bit more time.

there cant just be one fed, people want to lift in different ways.

there are too many technicalities separating the feds to combine them; foot positions on bench, specialty bars, depth, pauses, definition of raw, ply limits, those were the first things off the top of my head.

like the others have said, who is going to organize all of this? who is going to set the rules and technicalities?

to make one fed would just cause the biggest shit fight throughout the powerlifting community, no matter how they ruled it either some are going to be given an advantage, or some are going to be fucked over

at the end of the day who gives a shit, just go and lift.

Callan, are all the differences you talk relevant in dead lift?

You should raise them the next time someone posts the top ten totals for all feds, albeit it may just focus on heavyweights, as if that covers all powerlifters.

I have seen CAPO and PA comps, and i dont see much difference in bench and dead lifts.

To put it another way, i am pretty confident that someone who benches 160kg can easily adapt to do a similar weight in the other fed.

The lift where there are major differences is squats.

Last edited:
Too many Feds waters down the competition, Australia didn't & doesn't need any more federations!
PA & CAPO are all we need imo.

Callan, the other thing you should remember is that 4 of the 6 feds are virtually the same (CAPO, GPC, GPA and Pro Raw). Now that CAPO allows for wraps (Rawplus with GPA), I ask you to point out the major differences between those four federations.

I don't know much about DFPA, but only PA has major differences.

So i just laugh at the supposed major differences in powerlifting, given that four of them have virtually the same rules.

And while we are on the subject of different feds, i say go CAPO!!!!

Callan, the other thing you should remember is that 4 of the 6 feds are virtually the same (CAPO, GPC, GPA and Pro Raw). Now that CAPO allows for wraps (Rawplus with GPA), I ask you to point out the major differences between those four federations.

So i just laugh at the supposed major differences in powerlifting, given that four of them have virtually the same rules.

Exactly, these new Feds aren't offering anything different (except easier competition).
DFPA is essentially the same as PA, don't get me wrong they aren't a bad fed (I've done one of their comps before) but are they really needed?

Callan, are all the differences you talk relevant in dead lift?

You should raise them the next time someone posts the top ten totals for all feds, albeit it may just focus on heavyweights, as if that covers all powerlifters.

I have seen CAPO and PA comps, and i dont see much difference in bench and dead lifts.

To put it another way, i am pretty confident that someone who benches 160kg can easily adapt to do a similar weight in the other fed.

The lift where there are major differences are squats.
when i used a texas deadlift bar i noticed a massive difference between that and the eleiko comp bar that i would normally use when training.
and i never said that all of those apply to each lift, i jsut listed some that came to mind, some for squat, some for bench, some for deads.

ok so with 4 out of 6 being virtually the same, lets just say capo v pa.

tested v not tested
squat bar v eleiko comp bar
mono v walkout
multi ply v single ply
2.5m v 2 m knee wraps
heels off the floor v feet flat
head off the bench v head on
dl bar v eleiko comp bar

ehh cbf doing of any more, those are off the top of my head, cant find capo/wpc rules anywhere

Callan, i have already said major differences between PA and others, notably in squats.

But what about major differences between CAPO (GPA), GPC or Pro Raw, besides weight divisions for latter?

Minor differences in ruling between CAPO and GPC.

But surely by now everybody knows why GPC came about.
It had nothing to do with rules or easier competition.

It was about wanting to lift in a reliable federation, with reliable equipment.
Any of the GPC open record holders would hold their own in any comp.

Callan, i have already said major differences between PA and others, notably in squats.

But what about major differences between CAPO (GPA), GPC or Pro Raw, besides weight divisions for latter?
i dont see where your going, the only differences that will effect the lifts of the lifters physically is the ruling and technicalities.
basically how i have interpreted this is your asking me to tell you the difference the two feds excluding any rules, so basically only leaving organization, which i no nothing about appart from what iv heard about capo having very poor organization. and the names lol

i dont see where your going, the only differences that will effect the lifts of the lifters physically is the ruling and technicalities.
basically how i have interpreted this is your asking me to tell you the difference the two feds excluding any rules, so basically only leaving organization, which i no nothing about appart from what iv heard about capo having very poor organization. and the names lol

He's saying that a lot of Feds are essentially the same!

He's saying that a lot of Feds are essentially the same!
no shit their going to be the same when u set aside all of the rules and technicalities....

if all the rules n shit were the same there would only be one fed.

no shit their going to be the same when u set aside all of the rules and technicalities....

if all the rules n shit were the same there would only be one fed.

Serenity now!
Whats he's saying is why have GPC when you already have CAPO & why have DFPA when you already have PA, considering GPC & CAPO are essentially the same & PA & DFPA are essentially the same.
Whereas PA & CAPO are very different Feds...