• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting feds

Serenity now!
Whats he's saying is why have GPC when you already have CAPO & why have DFPA when you already have PA, considering GPC & CAPO are essentially the same & PA & DFPA are essentially the same.
Whereas PA & CAPO are very different Feds...
ahh ok, now we are on the same page lol

dafuq is dfpa?

misc-jackie-chan.png

so its a fed for people who want to lift like in PA but.... just.... DAFUQ

right now.... my mind is full of fuck

Serenity now!
Whats he's saying is why have GPC when you already have CAPO & why have DFPA when you already have PA, considering GPC & CAPO are essentially the same & PA & DFPA are essentially the same.
Whereas PA & CAPO are very different Feds...

I'm not sure if you saw my post or not, but I'll elaborate further if I must.
Capo nats 2012 - one monolift. Guys were warming up on the platform while we were trying to compete.
Lots of miss loaded bars.
99% of the world records will never be recognized. 9 months later, CAPO still hasnt come out and said why, or admitted they fucked up. Instead continually sweep it under the rug.
Platforms were slippery as hell. I actually moved the entire bench while driving.

National deadlift comp, scales were 5kg out.

Records took a long time to get put up, and when they did, many were incorrect.
Comp results take a long time to get posted, if they ever do.

Now being the owner of a PL gym. This sort of stuff pisses clients off.
If clients don't want to compete, why would they train in a PL gym?

So the options were to take over and try and fix capo, which I was actually asked to try and do but more than 1 person. But that would mean a while new committee, that would never happen.

So we started fresh.
Results up in under 48 hours.
Your national records posted to you within DAYS of you breaking them.
Mono lifts at every state comp, at least 3 at nationals.....

The the introduction of GPC, which I obviously supported had nothing to do with "easier competition" or rules.

It was about reliability. It would of been great if things

And talking to elite CAPO members, they see it as a good thing beciase capo has pulled there socks up. The nsw results are already up.
do you think that would have happened if the pressure wasnt on?

Anyway, I didn't want to go into this, as politics has very little interet to me, but seeing as Chris can't understand why the need for another fed was there, I thought I'd share.

And Chris, if your not a lifter, these issues won't have really effected you or your business, so maybe can't see where I'm coming from.

I'm not sure if you saw my post or not, but I'll elaborate further if I must.
Capo nats 2012 - one monolift. Guys were warming up on the platform while we were trying to compete.
Lots of miss loaded bars.
99% of the world records will never be recognized. 9 months later, CAPO still hasnt come out and said why, or admitted they fucked up. Instead continually sweep it under the rug.
Platforms were slippery as hell. I actually moved the entire bench while driving.

National deadlift comp, scales were 5kg out.

Records took a long time to get put up, and when they did, many were incorrect.
Comp results take a long time to get posted, if they ever do.

Now being the owner of a PL gym. This sort of stuff pisses clients off.
If clients don't want to compete, why would they train in a PL gym?

So the options were to take over and try and fix capo, which I was actually asked to try and do but more than 1 person. But that would mean a while new committee, that would never happen.

So we started fresh.
Results up in under 48 hours.
Your national records posted to you within DAYS of you breaking them.
Mono lifts at every state comp, at least 3 at nationals.....

The the introduction of GPC, which I obviously supported had nothing to do with "easier competition" or rules.

It was about reliability. It would of been great if things

And talking to elite CAPO members, they see it as a good thing beciase capo has pulled there socks up. The nsw results are already up.
do you think that would have happened if the pressure wasnt on?

Anyway, I didn't want to go into this, as politics has very little interet to me, but seeing as Chris can't understand why the need for another fed was there, I thought I'd share.

And Chris, if your not a lifter, these issues won't have really effected you or your business, so maybe can't see where I'm coming from.

Good to hear this stuff as I've never seen it all posted before.
Still a shame there had to be another fed started but as there's many negatives to this happening.

This is all I could type while driving.....

Its never been posted, because the lifters, the ones this actually matters too, already know.
I also, dont want to 'CAPO bash', I am just simply answering a question.

I agree there are some negatives, but trust me when I say, untested PLing is aus is on the rise, and will be united some stage under one major fed.

We just have to wait a little.

Raw (with odd lifts like military press and barbell curl)
Really? :confused:

I'd actually like to see that. It'd be quite cool. been really getting into watching lifts (as well as doing them) lately, so yeah, the more the merrier. :D

World record shrugs...
[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG42T1zNPmg]Secrets of WORLD RECORD SHRUGS: Bigger Stronger Traps - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

Really? :confused:

I'd actually like to see that. It'd be quite cool. been really getting into watching lifts (as well as doing them) lately, so yeah, the more the merrier. :D

Yeah, I don't know if they did it here but certainly in Britain it wasn't uncommon for the 100% raw feds to include the barbell curl

This is all I could type while driving.....

Its never been posted, because the lifters, the ones this actually matters too, already know.
I also, dont want to 'CAPO bash', I am just simply answering a question.

I agree there are some negatives, but trust me when I say, untested PLing is aus is on the rise, and will be united some stage under one major fed.

We just have to wait a little.

Hopefully you're right mate. All I want to see is the best guys competing against each other & I want to compete with & against the best (& get my arse kicked) that's what it's all about for me.
Good luck with Nats, hope to see some big numbers!

Here is my take on the situation:

Power lift Aus (IPF) exist only in the Eastern States (whats left in other states is dieing off)

Drug Free PL - Same as IPF. However, these guys put on a 'Life be in it' style of PLing, it's a lot more about participation than smashing weights.

Pro Raw - set a good case study for what happen with GPC/CAPO, Not sure what future Markos has planned for this.

As for the CAPO/GPC split, I think its fair to say no one wanted this to happen. We all would have preferred the points mentioned by Scotty to be solved in-house. However, it never happen (some of these concerns date back 3-4 years). Who is to say the same problems wont creep in to GPC?

I am sure in good time there will be a merger between CAPO/GPC/Pro Raw but for now we just need to chill & lift weights!

Who is to say the same problems wont creep in to GPC?

I am sure in good time there will be a merger between CAPO/GPC/Pro Raw but for now we just need to chill & lift weights!

Me.

As I said previously, we will all end up lifting under the one banner, i gaurentee it.
For now though, just get on the platform a lift with whoever you like.