• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifter Brandon Lilly breaks knee during 750lb squat

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Brandon was competing at the USPA American Cup at the LA Fit Expo when he injured his knee during his 3rd squat attempt of 744 Lb in sleeves. According to viewers Brandon’s knee buckled underneath him, and an audible pop was heard.
Brandon is currently at the hospital getting his knee injury assessed.
According to Chad Wesley Smith, Brandon has broken his left knee cap in half, and there is likely ligament damage in both knees.
Brandon Lilly will undergo surgery this morning [January 27] to repair meniscus, patella tendon and quad tendon tears in both legs, as well as an ACL tear and totally fractured (like in 2 very distinct pieces) patella in the left leg.
From Brandon Lilly himself:
First I want to than Steve Denison for the invitation to compete in such a great event. Second congrats to Daniel Green for yet another World Record.
On my squat as I descended my left knee popped wildly, and gave out, causing similar strain to the right leg. Thank everyone of the crew onstage, and EMT’s on the scene.
As of right now without surgery I’d never walk again as I sheared my ACL, meniscus, patella, tore both quad tendons, and MCL in both knees and the knee cap in my left knee will be replaced. I go in for surgery in 10-15 minutes, I just wanted to thank every single person for the comments, status updates, texts, and emails. This is just a bump in the road.
I have one of the best knee surgeons in the US. Say a prayer or keep me in your thoughts… I appreciate you all very much, and I’ll see you on the flip side.
Update as of January 29th:
“Brandon Lilly is going in for another surgery today. His doctor suspects that his patella was actually broken before Sunday’s incident. This would prevent it from healing correctly, so they are going in to remove the smaller broken piece. I will report more when I know it.” – Juggernaut Training Systems
Update as of January 30th:
Brandon Lilly underwent another surgery last night to fortify the repair of his broken left patella. It went well. – Juggernaut Training Systems
Update from Brandon Lilly:
Just a brief update. Got to get out of bed once, and out a chair today. Did some rounds of very small ankle, and hip rolling type movements. Being bed ridden is mentally tough, but today was a good day and tomorrow should be better.
Left leg can tolerate 25% load,right leg close to 50%. Any movement will be with a walker for a few weeks. Thanks for the messages, and well wishes it definitely helps.
Update as of February 2nd:
Brandon Lilly is on a plane headed back to Kentucky. He is excited to head home and looking forward to tackling the rehab journey! – Juggernaut Training Systems

Got that looked nasty from the vid, to give out like that.

He's going to be spending a long time in rehab before getting back to any significant numbers on the squats. That shopping list on injuries is at least 12 months before he can get into proper lifting again

lmao, why the fuck is there a fund raiser for him?
Does he not have insurance?
What about all the other lifters that injure themselves? Did Dan Green have a fundraiser when he tore his hamstring or fractured his spine?

lmao, why the fuck is there a fund raiser for him?
Does he not have insurance?
What about all the other lifters that injure themselves? Did Dan Green have a fundraiser when he tore his hamstring or fractured his spine?

was thinking the same thing
what about a fundraiser for the average joe that injures himself
he's a pro , comes with the turf , would more then likely have insurance along with a nice tidy sum stored away from sponsors and prize money

taken from his facebook page , which strangely made no mention of his injury
December 23, 2013
To my new clients; Programs will be sent today, being sick slowed me down to a halt the last two days.

Lol... No doubt has been a point of contention...Moving forward I believe that PTC will be doing charity events year to year also...

He's not even done anything for the sport, he released some overly priced ebooks ($60 for less than 150 pages lol) and did a few seminars
He pulled out of relentless for unknown reasons (a meet done to raise money for children with cancer). This was disappointing because he had pledged $10,000 for this event. Later he announced it was back on but he'd not be doing full power. He said this was because he was "sick" but it was more than 2 months away from the event. After the meet relentless announced that Brandon Lilly was banned from future meets due to his behaviour at the meet. They mentioned that he was not actively engaged with the crowd, the children, spectators and other lifters. They also mentioned that Brandon purposely didn’t perform his best and that he sat on a couch hanging out with Paul Carter the entire time and gossiped about his Animal co-athletes. Brandon had asked a guy named Robert Lyuando to hand off the bar to him for his bench attempts during the meet. Robert agreed to help him out, until he had noticed Brandon’s behaviour. Robert went up to Brandon while he was on the couch and said to him he needs to get off his ass and interact with the kids, if he doesn't he wouldn't hand off the bar to him. Brandon let many people down at this meet. Not only because he fundraised something between $1k-$3k, but also because his attitude towards the event itself, and the children it was meant to benefit, was downbeat.

He said he was kicked out of Westside because he benched more than them. The reality was that he stole a bar from there for his home gym and was selling fake steroids to the other lifters there. His wife divorced him because he was cheating on her when he was going out to meets. Not an affair just a girl or hooker every time he would go out to meets. He also stole the Cube method from another lifter who's name escapes me. Not just that but he had the exact same grammatical errors in the ebook.

Last edited:
For once I agree with Oni, Im not sure why a fundraiser is being run. I beleive he has online clients that would pay for his services around the world. Sitting infront of a screen reveiwing peoples programs and readjusting them so there is no real loss if income to him there. Does he get paid to train and compete? I have no idea? But I just dont agree with it.
Last year I tried to raise monmey for a charity, basically it was a raffle with awesome prizes. I think most I could get was about $40! Here you have everyone isntantly going "Ermagerd Brendern Liirly" and throwing money at him.
Obviously these people love powerlifting, but if the same thing happened in Strongman and Zydrunas or Shaw...oh wait, Shaw was out for most of the year in 2012 and he does get an income from competing, where was the fund raisers there? And if there was I probably still wouldnt put my hand in my pocket. Everyone knows the risks of lifting heavy, you should be responsible for your own safety and health.

Just my 2 cents

Yeah I don't get who fund raiser thing either, why??? I know my local footy club has held fund raisers for a couple of guys who have had cancer or done a knee and need a reco and cant really afford it etc, but that's something coz they have contributed over the years to that club, just don't get it/

Lol... Care factor Kunce...PTC are having a lift off for some dude... Moving forward they gonna do a charity lift.. Who gives a fuck... Come down and lift/watch for the lols... Last I heard Trent was gonna wear a dress..