• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powercleans?

Powerclean123

Hi everybody, I just started doing powerlessness recently and really like doing them, I think it will help my bball also. But my gym is not really suitable for powercleans, are there any friendly powerleaning gyms in melb?

When the weights starts getting heavy i have to slowly lower the weight to the ground to lessen the noise, Is there any places where u can drop the weights. Closer the better,

Hi everybody, I just started doing powerlessness recently and really like doing them, I think it will help my bball also. But my gym is not really suitable for powercleans, are there any friendly powerleaning gyms in melb?
<cut>

Lol at powerlessness.

Commerical gyms are not perfect for powercleans, I reached the compromise that I can powerclean if I drop the bar with some care & use mats.

The bar is cleaned from the mats and dropped on the mats.
The mats are also used for pilates classes et cetera, I fold them (3 mats each side) and stack them.

Or try a less commercial gym like PTC Frankston.

We have bumper plates and Olympic needle bearing barbells, my platform should be there within a week. We also have chalk and an excellent powerclean instructor.

We have bumper plates and Olympic needle bearing barbells, my platform should be there within a week. We also have chalk and an excellent powerclean instructor.

Would love to go train at ur gym but its a bit to far, i play bball out at frankston a few times a year.

Melbourne cant be that big. Quit being a faggoteer and go there already or just bent row like the rest of us.

If you go to Melb Uni gym, you'd want to join either the powerlifting & weightlifting club or the athletic club, who have access to the heavy weight room with proper equipments. The main gym isn't too bad compared to what I've seen out there but the bars aren't very good for cleaning.

If you go to Melb Uni gym, you'd want to join either the powerlifting & weightlifting club or the athletic club, who have access to the heavy weight room with proper equipments. The main gym isn't too bad compared to what I've seen out there but the bars aren't very good for cleaning.

This might be a good idea coz im transfering to melb uni next year anyway.