• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Rack

HungryKid12

Hi guys,

Do you think this power rack is good (cyber-market.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=234&osCsid=06151ab8f59b0d6a9bf417f6a9c8c1a0), its compact enough to fit into my room.

Thanks

It links to the main page. I'm guessing you mean the light safety rack?

I've seen it on ebay before and I must say it looks pretty solid. The chin up bar is a bit weird though.

If you could fit that into your room you could also fit the muscle motion which is way more reputable.

Something you might wanna consider if its still too high -

Take the chinning bar off and have your own welded up (a straight bar with two bits on the side to bolt onto the rack). It wouldn't be that expensive and would cut a good 10cm from the height easy.

For the muscle motion rack, you can assemble the chinning bar in the reverse way i.e. upside down and save a few cms. Your only downside would be loss of wide-grip chins, but still plenty of chinning variations with that rack. I've got it, it's excellent.

So instead of /.........\ you assemble it like this \........../. The chinning bar then sits slightly below the top of the rack rather than slightly above it.

great idea DKD, i'd definitely go with the Muscle Motion Power Rack.
Gym Direct are selling it and they offer a 10% discount to all Ausbb members!