• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Lifting Adelaide - Inaugural Deadlift

I can understand the limitation, it would be a lot to organise.

In my case I know two guys who are very keen to enter, I don't want to take either place if it comes down to it.

From what I have seen they have some impressive lifts for their body weight.

I will still go along to specate.

We ran a National Deadlift comp with 20 lifters, it took less than 2 hours.

A single lift comp is NOT a powerlifting comp, a deadlift one is childs play to run and organize.

If I was Ben, I would set the limit at 100 lifters

We ran a National Deadlift comp with 20 lifters, it took less than 2 hours.

A single lift comp is NOT a powerlifting comp, a deadlift one is childs play to run and organize.

If I was Ben, I would set the limit at 100 lifters

soooo true!

I feel exactly the same way as Rowdy.

I even went out and bought a soft suit for xmas!

But yeah, my lift isnt as impressive as some peoples out there. I just wanted the experience.

Ben, that is the most idiotic thing you have ever posted. And you wanted me to include your comps in a Grand Prix with ProRaw lol

You are NOT holding a meet, its a single lift comp, its not even powerlifting.

I can see all the guys that signed up for ProRaw doing an about face to deadlift with a dozen guys in Adelaide lol

Rowdy, Jim and anyone else reading, I have been holding comps on Australia Day, in a garage, for 5 years now, I have NEVER limited numbers or turned anyone away. Even had 37 lifters last year, in a 2 car garage, it wasnt too much effort. I even organized a 10 Event Strongman comp on the next day.

You guys are most welcome to come lift in my POWERLIFTING competition.

Due to the over whelming interest in competing at the Power Lifting Adelaide Deadlift we have had no choice but to limit numbers at fifteen.

If there is an "overwhelming interest", wouldn't entries already be closed? :confused:

Or is that sales tactics you sly dog

. . .and you can be certain that Pro Raw will have a great collection of lifters- novices through to true champs, along with an unbeatable atmosphere.

"This is a Raw (No equipment) event. Belts & Wraps are acceptable. Shorts must not cover the knee, Tape or long songs must cover the shins (Full technical manifest will be available closer to the event date)"

Would I be able to wear skins underneath shorts, which would be covered by the socks?

"This is a Raw (No equipment) event. Belts & Wraps are acceptable. Shorts must not cover the knee, Tape or long songs must cover the shins (Full technical manifest will be available closer to the event date)"

Would I be able to wear skins underneath shorts, which would be covered by the socks?

As long as your knee's are visible then yes. If you are worried about circulation wear some long deadlift/derby/footy socks :)

Im trying to weigh up whether the 1 hour drive there and back is worth watching 15 lifters.

Are you charging spectators?

Only? trust me mate, from my point of view this is a lot to sort out!

I cant believe you asked to run a ProRaw event. Only 15 lifters doing a single lift comp that doesnt require spotters and you think you have lots to sort out.

All the best to the guys competing, hope you kill it.

Remember to take vids please Ben

I cant believe you asked to run a ProRaw event. Only 15 lifters doing a single lift comp that doesnt require spotters and you think you have lots to sort out.

All the best to the guys competing, hope you kill it.

Remember to take vids please Ben

Markos don't forget this is my first event. I am sure in the future ill put on bigger & better shows but for now I do not want to bite off more than I can chew.

We have some awesome lifters coming from all backgrounds. Weight lifting, Strong man, Crossfit & even Body Building (They have seen the light!) So it is going to be a fantastic day :)

Are you charging spectators?

Spirit fingers or cheer girls required for entry.