• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Lifting Adelaide - Inaugural Deadlift

Might be, Not sure. A few years back I just dumped a ship load of pics from all over the place in to an old version of Photo-shop & dicked around.

There is an official poster coming soon, Fingers crossed the graphics guy Emails me back tonight :)

156766_477160323945_751848945_5950101_5606507_n.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

"Placing will be determined by percentage of BW lifted"

I wouldnt have thought that is very fair to the bigger guys?

yeah- I think thats why formulas were created.
Small guys have a definite advantage.
a 60kg guy pulls 3xbw and does 180kg, a 155kg guy has to pull over 465kg to equal??? LOL.
Also- I think the whole "lifters can choose if they want their results/records published" thing just plants a big red flag saying hey this event could include IPF guys who want to fly under the radar- not a smart thing for a poster IMO.

Ben,
Yolandie is coming to the coast for chrissy i have her test papers ready by the time she heads back to adelaide she will be on the way to her refs ticket. Lets know if i can help in any other way.
The Glossbrenner Formula evens up the coefficient between light weights and heavy weights, copy can be printed off Capo website. Framk

yeah- I think thats why formulas were created.
Small guys have a definite advantage.
a 60kg guy pulls 3xbw and does 180kg, a 155kg guy has to pull over 465kg to equal??? LOL.
Also- I think the whole "lifters can choose if they want their results/records published" thing just plants a big red flag saying hey this event could include IPF guys who want to fly under the radar- not a smart thing for a poster IMO.

We are using the GB formula, Its just easier to explain to people in terms of %BW.

After speaking to some of the lifters, being their first comp. I found a few people were self conscious of their results being published on line (including You tube) for reasons of confidence etc, So for that reason if people chose so their results wont be spread out for the world to see. If it means we get two or three more lifters then it has to be a good thing for the sport :)

Last edited:
Ben,
Yolandie is coming to the coast for chrissy i have her test papers ready by the time she heads back to adelaide she will be on the way to her refs ticket. Lets know if i can help in any other way.
The Glossbrenner Formula evens up the coefficient between light weights and heavy weights, copy can be printed off Capo website. Framk

Cheers mate, I spoke to Yolandie the other day & as long as she can get a baby sitter she is keen to come lend a hand. It’s awesome for her to stay involved in the sport even if she can’t lift at the moment :)

I have got a spread sheet with the BG Formula on it. So I should be ok on that front, im going to spend some time over xmas working out the little details so if I get stuck ill shoot you a message :)

Cheers for your support :)

Hello

Due to the over whelming interest in competing at the Power Lifting Adelaide Deadlift we have had no choice but to limit numbers at fifteen. Please see the enclosed link for the entry form download and return it to Ben Cove sales @ miraclexproductions . com . NO LATER than Thursday January 20. If you have any problems with the Mega Upload site feel free to request an entry form via Email.

(Entry form download link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service )

I would also like to remind you the PLA technical manifest and rules of professional sport mans like behavior are now published on the Facebook site and available via Email by request. Please take the time to read this document.

Finally, remember you can never be too strong; I am looking forward to seeing you all on the day

Ben ♥

Hello

Due to the over whelming interest in competing at the Power Lifting Adelaide Deadlift we have had no choice but to limit numbers at fifteen
Ben ♥

Having gone down this road with PTC comps and ProRaw, I can only tell you that turning even one person away from a lifting comp is the beginning of the end.

15 isnt a comp, its a gathering. If you truly want to promote lifting in SA, you should be going out of your way trying to find ways to get more lifters, not less.

Just my 2 drachmas

ps, are you sure NO CHOICE is the correct phrase. There are ALWAYS choices Ben

I was looking forward to this but now I am having second thoughts.

I don't want to take someones, who is more serious, spot...

I was looking forward to this but now I am having second thoughts.

I don't want to take someones, who is more serious, spot...

Mate don't think that that at all. You're more than welcome. After all this meet is about having fun, setting PR's are bring together the Adelaide lifting community.

Having gone down this road with PTC comps and ProRaw, I can only tell you that turning even one person away from a lifting comp is the beginning of the end.

15 isnt a comp, its a gathering. If you truly want to promote lifting in SA, you should be going out of your way trying to find ways to get more lifters, not less.

Just my 2 drachmas

ps, are you sure NO CHOICE is the correct phrase. There are ALWAYS choices Ben

Markos I agree with your statement. However, Since this is my first comp as a promoter I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Would still like to come along and see the event, but like BigJim would be best I think if I left a spot for someone else.

Checking the facebook page (had to ask the wife to do this, refuse to use facebook) looks like you will have no shortage of interest and I expect some serious lifters for the day which should be good.

I see an upcoming bench comp, will have to wait and see how that goes and make sure I get my application in for that when the time comes.

See, beginning of the end.

Big Jim and Rowdy should be jumping out of their skin to lift, not be having second thoughts as to whether they are worthy.