• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post your shoulder work here

swiz

Hi

I want to build some massive shoulders. Its a lacking area for me.

I know i need to go heavy but i dont want to injure myself

Im interested to hear from the Bro's?

Can't go wrong with pressing mate. DB seated overhead are great, but i love the standing barbell military press. 2 sets of lateral raises if you love it

I don't do a 'shoulders day' since i'm a real man :p
but the closest thing would be my military press day, has worked a treat even though I don't train for size etc.

If I could pick 2 exercises for shoulders it would be Db Lat Raises and Overhead Pressing (standing, seated, db or bb whatever you like).

On mp day i do

MP
Laterals
Side ""
Bent ""
Face pulls
And if i can be bothered power cleans.

Bench press variations, pull variations (pull ups, rows etc), laterals and rear delt/rotator cuff exercises.

I'm one of the few here that doesn't MP/OH press much. Find it puts too much strain on my shoulder joints

You forgot calf raise:D

Don't lose your sense of humor knackers :D

But seriously it tickles me when I see a man that only believes his shoulders are just that little muscle at the front.

Nothing looks more impressive that seeing that rear deltoid cutting across the tricep.
Look around your local gym and see the under development and the poor posture (shoulders slumped forward) resulting from spending too much time on muscles only seen in the mirror.

Bench press variations, pull variations (pull ups, rows etc), laterals and rear delt/rotator cuff exercises.

I'm one of the few here that doesn't MP/OH press much. Find it puts too much strain on my shoulder joints

More often than not Graham, that problem can be resolved by changing the position of your hands.

Holding a barbell opens up the shoulder capsule which exposes weakness.

The remedy is turn the hand anti clockwise so they are facing each other, one reason why the "log-press" is very popular.
Another plus also for using dumb-bells.

Thanks guys!

Right now im doing the
>>press

and the

>>lateral raise
...the winged way...not sure what the propper name is

i dont really have a shoulder day. its an accessory for me on my back day or leg day.

i do dips when working my tri's...do they work well?

what about upright rows on the smith? reverse rows on the smith machine? and shrugs?

how heavy do you guys go on your excersises?

Im a weakling atm so i can only manage 10 - 15kg per side on the olympic bar for a press

Im really worried about injury which puts my head off when im in the workout if you get me

do presses hit the rear deltoid well enough?

ages ago when i was coming back from a groin injury i used to do this excerse where i would lay flat facing down on an incline bench and pull up a bar...i was doing it like a row but after a few onths people started tellin me i had really good rear delt development..but ive never had good shoulders in general...but hopefully i will soon!

seated barbell press (smith machine)
hammer strength incline press
lat raise
rear delt raise
sometimes some front barbell raises

When I started doing Fadis full body program 3 times a week I was doing behind neck press as the main shoulder exercise. My shoulders got bigger than they ever had before over a 6 month period. Just eat big and lift big and you can't go wrong.

The longer you train with a full body routine the more you understand lifting isn't complicated, its very simple but takes a lot of hard work