• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post your shake Recipes

My favourite breakfast or weekend snack shake

300 - 500ml Low fat milk
40gms WPI or Max's Muscle Growth GTE (my favourite)
1 large egg
100gms Low fat cottage cheese, eat one spoon as well :)
1/3 to 1/2 cup oats
1 Frozen Banana (I always freeze bananas as it makes the shake nice and cold)
30gms Raw peanuts, dry roasted

All thrown into the blender and enjoy. It's so good even the Mr's likes it :) (as long as I don't tell it its got a raw egg)

ok so I made mean shake on the weekend i felt like a massive shake it went a little somthing like this

300ml water
1 scoop wpi
1 scoop casein
1 table spoon LSA
1 table spoon Almond meal
2 tablespoons of egg white powder
3 table spoons of jalna low fat pot set yogurt (vanilla cream flabour)
1 bananna
8-10 strawberries
3 pieces of raw brocoli
100 grams frozen mixed berries (black berries, rasberries, bluberries)
big handfull of goji berries
3 whole eggs
peters low fat ice cream bar has like less then 100 caloires
tea spoon of coconut oil
tea spoon of unhulled tahini
2 tablespoons of cottage cheese
4-5 cubes of ice..

blend it......

It was a soooo nice... I think every weekend when I feel like consuming 1 sh!t load of caloires in one sitting ill have this.. Must admit I was full as after drinking it ...

Any reason for the LSA and Almond Meal Scotty? The rest of it looks the goods, 'cept the tahini. I doubt you'd be able to taste it, but that stuff by itself is potent.

Cup of Egg Whites
6-8 Whole Eggs
1-2 TBS Heavy Cream
Vanilla Essence/Extract
Touch of Vanilla Protein Powder

My PWO drink generally. To mix it up, change the Essence, to Almond/Orange/Coconut and it tastes like what ever flavour cake batter. A TBS of Smooth Ricotta gives it a real nice texture to boot. If you're into creamy smoothies, add a stack of fruit/berries etc and it's pretty amazing.

I just have heaps of LSA and almond meal at home at the moment cause I did a massive shop at the natural grocer 2 weeks ago so might aswell use it... I love LSA and almond meal... I sometimes have spoonfulls of almon meal by itsefl.. boosts up the fats in it aswell.

That's cool. Was just wondering because LSA obviously has Almond Meal in it all ready. It does make a damn tasty addition to a drink though.

700ml low-fat milk
1x cup of oats
1x banana (chopped)
1x large egg
Handful of mixed berries
2x scoops of protein powder (Gaspari Myofusion - Chocolate)
1x scoop of Creatine ~5g

Goes down pretty well :)

When i could drink it.

2 scoops wpc

750ml raw milk
4 eggs

cacao

stevia

banana

1 tablespoon almond,cashew, brazil nut butter.

Win...

More of a smoothy but anyway...

1 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 cup of mixed frozen berries
4 cups of apple juice

Blend enjoy. Lasts well in the fridge. I have been alternating between peas and brocolli but same quantities. I normally add some ice as well but didnt have any ice last nice but turned out well. The only unhealthy part is the apple juice but if you made your own with a juicer im sure it would be ok.

just recently got ahold of a magic bullet, (great little thing)

for breakfast,

500ml milk
2 eggs
1 banana (2 would be good)
1 cup oats
1 scoop MAXS gte muscle growth chocolate

good start for the morning, although looking through some posts could mix it up a fair bit more.

Maaaaaaaaate,

I've got a bullet too, great aren't they! But I found my oats didn't disolve enough to be drunk. They end up being a heavy paste at the bottom of the drink. I was thinking about buying some oatmass to add to my shake instead.

Did you find this, or did yours all blend in nicely?

Maybe the addition of the eggs and banana held it together better. Mine was just milk, WPC and oats so the oats sank to the bottom...

Cheers,
Mike

You need the bananas in there mike. The bananas make the milk thicker so the oats don't sink down to the bottom.
Posted via Mobile Device

You need the bananas in there mike. The bananas make the milk thicker so the oats don't sink down to the bottom.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yo da man dawg!

I'll give it another go and add the banana for consistency. ;)

Cheers,
Mike

i grind the oats up to a powder first (in the bullet), so ive got a container full that i just scoop from, assuming it would be the same as oatmass.

and yea the eggs holds it well, yet you cant taste them,

it tastes of thick, creamy banana.

assuming it would be the same as oatmass.

There's not even a comparison. No matter how finely you "blend" oats, they'll always leave a thick paste (if left long enough). The Oatmass on the other hand dissolves completely, it's such a fine powder. Makes things taste damn good too.

My favourite pw drink as of late:

8 Whole Eggs.
1 Scoop of Banana WPC.

Simple, quick, easy. Tastes like banana pudding.

still the "grinded" oats tastes awesome, thickens up the mix, and for the price of oatmass i could make between 5 and ten times more.
seems like a goer to me, although not having had oatmass before, i could be missing out, but for the dollars i am happy with what ive got for now. :)

Same here. I like the texture and having to chew something anyway. It slows me down, otherwise I'd just slam the lot down in a few seconds.

**** i cant wait till i can hit the whey again...

2 tablespoons cashew almond brazil nut butter
1 banana
1 spoon raw honey
teaspoon cinnamon
cacoa powder
500ml raw milk
4 eggs.

nom nom nom

On the subject of oatmass, I am just having milk+WPC+oatmass.

Just got some new super fine oats recently.
Much cheaper than oatmass, but the same result.
It's only $5/kg from bulkpowders.com.au instead of around $13 for oatmass from fitnesscentral.
So convenient and so easy to mix in a shaker, and tasty.

Since I got oatmass/superfine oats, I've never had oats in my shakes again.
Love the superfine oats as a shake filler.

My new shipment of protein & flavourings just arrived so I was havin shakes all day yesterday. Currently working on getting cut for Summer so the shakes are low-cal. All shakes were blended up in a blender.
Breakfast shake was Cinnamon & Blueberry:

700ml Lite Milk
3 scoops WPC (35g)
1.5 cups dry, rolled oats
1 cup Frozen Blueberries
1 tbsp Peanut oil
1g Organic Cinnamon Powder
1g Premium Stevia
5g Creatine
1g Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR)
400mg Green Tea Extract

Lunch shake was Double Chocolate:

1 Horleys Chocolate Pro-Fit (250ml)
1 cup Lite Milk
1.5 cups dry, rolled oats
10g extra cocoa powder
1g Premium Stevia
1g ALCAR
400mg Green Tea Extract
(Also extra milk would help make it less lumpy.)

Pre-bed shake was a slow-digesting Cinnamon & Blueberry

300ml Lite Milk
1/2 cup Lite Cottage Cheese
2 scoops unflavoured WPC (25g)
1 Handful Frozen Blueberries
1 tbsp Cold-pressed Olive Oil
1g Organic Cinnamon Powder
1g Premium Stevia
10 Ice Cubes
(If you want you can replace a scoop of the WPC with extra cottage cheese)

Enjoy and train hard!
- Jackson

Last edited:
All these shakes sound too good to be a shake, more like a meal lol.

I have the following post workout:

peptopro 10g

BCAA 5g

Glutamine 3g

Creapure 3g

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 2g

Then I have a meal with carbs within an hour after that.