• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post Your Back Workout

A 5 x Mr Australia has been PT'ing my Back days lately.

Lat Pulldowns 3 x 8-12
Hammer Pulldowns 3 x 8-12
Seated Rows 3 x 8-12
Machine Pullovers 3 x 8-12
Barbell Shrugs 3 x 10-15
Back Extensions 3 x 15

Ask Mr Australia to include some pull ups and if you cant rep out include negatives.

Also ask Mr Australia as to why no barbell or dumbell rows?

My current back workout but certainly not my only one

Deadlifts 4 sets
V handle seated rows 3 sets
Lat pulldown 3 sets

Deadlifts
Pull ups
Bent Rows
Close Grip (V-handle) pull downs

Usually in that order too

I don't mind throwing in rack pulls, DB rows and V-handle seated rows from time to time. My back has come a long way in the past 18 months :)

Well, I'm not doing a split, so - as with everything else - the back exercises are spread among all my sessions per week.

In total, there's always deadlifts, weighted pullups, Pendlay rows... and a few other things thrown in sometimes (some of it unilateral, say).

I count SLDL as more leg work (hams), but I guess it does hit the back a bit... anyway, I also always do those.

Stretch
Lat pull down 4x8
Seated row 4x8
Wide grip pull ups. 6-10x5
Bb row 4x8
Reverse fly. 4x8
Under hand pull down 3x8

Last edited:
lololol,

fwiw DB rows and old school t-bars are some of the dumbest exercises out there - if you have any strength you're not going to find a dumbbell heavy enough and the latter have fuck all ROM.

We do DB rows and T-bars as substitutes for other movements.

The routine changes nearly every week.

Serious question jamesboi, with changing your routine nearly every week, how do you keep track of what works better or what doesn't and how do you give a routine the chance to show results?

lololol,

fwiw DB rows and old school t-bars are some of the dumbest exercises out there - if you have any strength you're not going to find a dumbbell heavy enough and the latter have fuck all ROM.

Really?
I have to respectfully and completely disagree.

Why? your average fitness first only has dumbbells to 50kg

And once you put a 20kg plate on the bar can't move very far.

You could certainly have a decent one arm dumbell row workout using a 50kg dumbell.
In fact I dare say that most would find rowing a 50kg Dumbell not that easy and the extra ROM you get makes it a damn good lat workout.

My gym has DB right up to 80kg. If you're stuggling to get a good workout out of that, you're either Ronnie Cole's stage double, or using good old Mr Momentum to the best of your advantage.