• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post Workout Carbs

N-J-T

Most people would have fast working carbs immediately after a workout.
Is it okay to just have plain white sugar and put it in my Protein shake or is it better to have fast carbs in the form of a piece of fruit ect?
Thanks in advance

Most people would have fast working carbs immediately after a workout.
Is it okay to just have plain white sugar and put it in my Protein shake or is it better to have fast carbs in the form of a piece of fruit ect?
Thanks in advance

Dextrose would be better than plain sugar

Dextrose would be better than plain sugar
I was thinking that might be the better way to go (rather than sugar). Why would dextrose be better than plain sugar? (I do believe you, i just don't know why it would be better)
Thanks

I was thinking that might be the better way to go (rather than sugar). Why would dextrose be better than plain sugar? (I do believe you, i just don't know why it would be better)
Thanks

Dextrose is straight glucose. The body will need to break down the crystals in plain sugar

Thanks

Fructose can only be utilized by the liver... How much Liver glycogen do we think we have depleted?

Fructose has no effect on insulin levels also... Insulin and igf-1 share many ismilar properties. They are both extremley potent anabolic hormones...

Fructose can only be utilized by the liver... How much Liver glycogen do we think we have depleted?

Fructose has no effect on insulin levels also... Insulin and igf-1 share many ismilar properties. They are both extremley potent anabolic hormones...
sorry, whats fructose? what is it found in?:(

Fructose is 50% of sucrose, the other half is glucose...

It is also mainly found in fruit..