• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My milkshakes bring the boys to the yard? :D

Good man, drink up! :p

EDIT : I meant your beer not my milkshakes :eek: CLARIFY 101 lol

Haha.

I'm sticking with it... your milkshakes... is that what they call boobs after burpees? :D

Bulgogi steak and bacon salad 52P/28C/8F
2012-10-23%252015.42.54.jpg

Undercover: welcome to the world of proats :)

Bulgogi steak and bacon salad 52P/28C/8F
2012-10-23%252015.42.54.jpg

Undercover: welcome to the world of proats :)

No thank you for introducing me to them :) it was your pics that did it.

Never seen or heard of them before.

I must ask you or can you direct me to the correct way to mix the oats/water or milk and powder.

I used quick oats and microwaved for 2 mins with skim milk then added a bit more milk and 2 more mins, then once out I added scoop of powder and dash of cold milk (oats had gone a bit dry) and just mixed away. Came out ok, but is that the best/right way?

That is pretty much how I do it but if I'm doing a chocolate protein powder then I will add some unsweetened cocoa with it initially (and I normally add cinnamon cause I love it :)) and a dash of salt. The salt really brings out the flavour.

I normally add a fair heap of water initially so that when it comes out it's still a bit gluggy I guess. Then let it cool for a few minutes (otherwise the protein powder clumps up) then just stir in the protein powder.

I know other people half cook the oats and then add protein powder to finish but everytime I've done that it came out crap.

Hope that helps :)

That is pretty much how I do it but if I'm doing a chocolate protein powder then I will add some unsweetened cocoa with it initially (and I normally add cinnamon cause I love it :)) and a dash of salt. The salt really brings out the flavour.

I normally add a fair heap of water initially so that when it comes out it's still a bit gluggy I guess. Then let it cool for a few minutes (otherwise the protein powder clumps up) then just stir in the protein powder.

I know other people half cook the oats and then add protein powder to finish but everytime I've done that it came out crap.

Hope that helps :)

yep definitely add the protein powder AfTER cooking and +1 on the dash of salt and lots of cinnamon.

Thanks guys, will fine tune mine for next time. Maybe tonight even, was so good. Like a naughty treat only not naughty ;-p

Thanks guys, will fine tune mine for next time. Maybe tonight even, was so good. Like a naughty treat only not naughty ;-p

No probs :p Next you'll be onto the protein sludges too :) I've been having less oats because it's getting hot around here. Overnight oats is another good option but for some reason they don't seem to fill me up as much?

No probs :p Next you'll be onto the protein sludges too :) I've been having less oats because it's getting hot around here. Overnight oats is another good option but for some reason they don't seem to fill me up as much?

Which brand/type oats do you use? And how much per serve?

I have been using just plain Coles rolled oats. And add about 30-50g for my morning shakes.

Going to look at your protein sludges now :) I added 8 ice cubes to my morning shake. (oats, water, Choc WPC, walnuts) and it came out like a maccas thickshake :)

Was so good, just a little cold and icey at 7am but would be awesome on a warm day.

Is that sweet chilli sauce you add to most of meals?? Always notice it. Lol

Which brand/type oats do you use? And how much per serve?

I have been using just plain Coles rolled oats. And add about 30-50g for my morning shakes.

Going to look at your protein sludges now :) I added 8 ice cubes to my morning shake. (oats, water, Choc WPC, walnuts) and it came out like a maccas thickshake :)

Was so good, just a little cold and icey at 7am but would be awesome on a warm day.

Is that sweet chilli sauce you add to most of meals?? Always notice it. Lol

Coles/Woolies quick oats for me. Normally 60g (2/3 cup)

Shake sounds great!

For sludge I generally use as a base:
cottage cheese (low fat woolies or coles)
yoghurt (home made easiyo)

Then the flavour options are endless:
protein powder
peanut flour/maple syrup
sf pudding mixes (really thickens it up)
sf toppings

Then just stir it up and whack it in the freezer for about half an hour :)

The sauce I use A LOT of is called sriracha. I think they may sell it at Coles now but I get it from Asian grocers. It's a predominantly hot sauce with a slightly sweet tinge to it. Nothing like a normal sweet chilli sauce though. It's Korean (just like the bulgogi marinade I use a lot of). I really need to go to Korea! :p

Coles/Woolies quick oats for me. Normally 60g (2/3 cup)

Shake sounds great!

For sludge I generally use as a base:
cottage cheese (low fat woolies or coles)
yoghurt (home made easiyo)

Then the flavour options are endless:
protein powder
peanut flour/maple syrup
sf pudding mixes (really thickens it up)
sf toppings

Then just stir it up and whack it in the freezer for about half an hour :)

The sauce I use A LOT of is called sriracha. I think they may sell it at Coles now but I get it from Asian grocers. It's a predominantly hot sauce with a slightly sweet tinge to it. Nothing like a normal sweet chilli sauce though. It's Korean (just like the bulgogi marinade I use a lot of). I really need to go to Korea! :p

Thanks, going to try that tonight for dinner. I have not been hungry at night (for meat and veg) so this ensures I'm still hitting my macros.

I notice you like Peanut Butter, have you tried the No Bull Sup Choc-Peanut Butter WPI powder??

I'm using at the moment, its not as good as expected but still for a PB fan like me its something I had to have.

LOVE peanut butter :) I don't know which brand it is but I just order some choc-peanut from Scott at PTC. I'm hoping it will help with my addiction also.

Status
Not open for further replies.