• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Chicken and bacon pizza.

410d22f9f9960ed5ab6ededb88a3caef.jpg

Pizza looks the goods, is it home made??

Did chicken drum sticks today, they are only $3 per kilo at Coles, threw them in the Baby Q and went about doing other things, burned the crap out of them:mad:, so just ate the good bits left and had a cup a soup....not happy, and it's shopping day tomorrow, so nothing else to eat in the house, not even toast...

So wish I had a slice of that pizza now:D

Pizza looks the goods, is it home made??

Did chicken drum sticks today, they are only $3 per kilo at Coles, threw them in the Baby Q and went about doing other things, burned the crap out of them:mad:, so just ate the good bits left and had a cup a soup....not happy, and it's shopping day tomorrow, so nothing else to eat in the house, not even toast...

So wish I had a slice of that pizza now:D

Yes I made it myself... delicious.
$3/kg is not bad for drummies.

Yes I made it myself... delicious.
$3/kg is not bad for drummies.

Been feeding them to the dogs, cheaper than buying meat for dogs from the butcher.

I almost feel bad doing it, but meat for dogs is $3.99/kg.:p

Thought some might find this interesting

A new study suggests that increasing protein intake above 2.0 g/kg is not beneficial to enhance lean body mass restoration following short-term severe energy restriction.

Negative energy balance during military operations can be severe and result in significant reductions in fat-free mass. US marines underwent military training that causes a severe energy deficit and caused on average -3,1 kg FFM in 7 days.

After military training, the marines could eat as much as they want (ad libititum) for 27 days, but were randomized to a high protein diet (2.0 g/kg) or a very high protein diet (3.5 g/kg).

Both treatments restored their fat-free mass during the 27 d refeed period (+3,6 kg), but there was no difference between the treatments.

This may suggest that 2.0 g/kg is already enough for FFM restoration. However, it is also possible that the FFM loss was overestimated due to glycogen and associated water loss due to the intense training period.

Study:
http://jap.physiology.org/content/early/2017/04/06/japplphysiol.01039.2016.full.pdf+html

I thought that was common knowledge. It's been proven that the upper limit is 1.8g/kg.

agree. It's hardly new information. The information that the old 1g/lb is overshooting the mark has been out there for a fair while. But everyone wants to believe they are super special and need more protein bro.

Sucked? ??

U mad bro?
Nah, it sucked. Oh, did I forget to mention that it had what I'm sure was nearly a bottle of mustard. I was sweating mustard.

Also, I'm not a big fan of mustard.

Got back on the horse though, and ate four more burgers over the Easter weekend.