• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Chicken wings again today, this time cooked in the oven as the missus made them and she won't use the BBQ.

Marinating some cubed up rump steak to make shish kebabs tomorrow. They will definitely be going into the BBQ with the Slow 'n Sear, for a long slow cook followed by a quick high temp reverse sear for the beautiful crust, cant wait to get into it tomorrow.....

96d832c0ec913cf1dc0e79acf0a9cb35.jpg

2m48s

37e6250f424da89028b53d9f7cfc4a6e.jpg
71a3883f1a2b06ccdcbf03d92a1cc9c6.jpg
23d00ee9d618adb1f5f60620dd41a760.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Poached Eggs, Smashed Avocado, Halloumi and Chorizo (on a slice of toast :eek:)
4d52750f3c01e1ba99d78585910694b7.jpg

C-----C-----F-----P
822---28----59----50

Ever use the snake method [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION] ;? Low and slow smoked brisket would be the business!

5a51974b4e53f0c708584d2e14b1b7c5.jpg

Ever use the snake method @Big Mick ;? Low and slow smoked brisket would be the business!

5a51974b4e53f0c708584d2e14b1b7c5.jpg

Looks the goods, I have never tried it, not sure I would have the patience to stack all the heat beads up like that.

I just bought a 2.5kg brisket from the butcher yesterday, waiting for my next day off to cook it.

Also got 2.5kg of pork ribs, which I might do tomorrow.

Did the reverse seared Shish Kebabs the other day, they came up great:

Last edited:
It's a fucking stupid argument to make regardless

Looking at foods in isolation like that makes absolutely zero sense

And potatoes are empty calories, very strange nutritional decision for anyone looking to limit calories

Not as fibrous as other vegetables vegetables. Less vitamins, minerals and very minimal protein.

And as my studies show stuffing your face full of carbs spikes insulin and leaves you ravenously hungry only a few hours later.

Empty calories? I skimmed over what was posted a month ago, but sorry, you're not making any sense. Baz was talking about potatoes. Not potatoes baked in fat and oil and covered in butter, not deep fried chips, not mashed potato full of butter and milk. Just regular baked potatoes. Own their own, they are the most filling thing you can eat. Don't believe us, go eat a plate of them, and then see why you have no hunger cravings for 18 hours.

Instead of regurgitating what's already been said, this video sums it up well. Skip to 2 minutes to get to the facts.

Empty calories? I skimmed over what was posted a month ago, but sorry, you're not making any sense. Baz was talking about potatoes. Not potatoes baked in fat and oil and covered in butter, not deep fried chips, not mashed potato full of butter and milk. Just regular baked potatoes. Own their own, they are the most filling thing you can eat. Don't believe us, go eat a plate of them, and then see why you have no hunger cravings for 18 hours.

Instead of regurgitating what's already been said, this video sums it up well. Skip to 2 minutes to get to the facts.

It's just so funny when people claim potatoes as empty calories. Shows a total lack of understand of even the absolute basics of nutrition. That's what happens when you get your internet nutrition degree from the most liked Facebook posts.

Potatoes really need to come from some obscure rain forest so they can be a superfood.

Last edited: