• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah insulin is great when you're bulking, hampers lypolysis when cutting... which was highlighted in all the studies I posted proving my points which you have successfully ignored in lieu of more shit posting.

Good job.

You don't want to maximize muscle you keep when cutting. If you do educate yourself on insulin.

Is this bloke CT under a different name?

Do you get a good price on these?? I went to buy some yesterday and they are $21/kg here, so she would have paid nearly $250 here for 11.5kg of ribs. I remember the days whet they were 99 cents a kilo and they were dog food, or butchers would give dog bones away for free, now they are charging $4 per kilo for dog food/bones which adds up quickly.

In saying that had American style pork ribs with 'Hogs Breath' marinade last night, and steak today, first time I had steak for ages, I did enjoy it.

Mick we buy the beef spare ribs which are the short cut ribs (not whole rib of beef), we get them from a meat wholesale and they are $7 a kilo. They can be quite fatty but if you slow cook them long enough the fat renders off and keep the meat tender and juicy. Once they are tender we add a homemade BBQ sauce and put the oven up high and leave until the sauce is bubbling and caramelised. They are very good.

The more you spend the more you save.

Most decent steak is around $30/kg, chicken breast is about 8.99/kg, chicken wings and drum sticks around $2.99-4.99/kg so the chicken gets it most of the time. Especially when feeding teenage kids, seriously can't afford spending over $30 on meat for a single meal.

Your meals look scrumptious Michael. You're not a Chef by any chance are you?

You don't want to maximize muscle you keep when cutting. If you do educate yourself on insulin.

Is this bloke CT under a different name?

So instead of countering my studies and facts with rebuttal you resort to ad hominem attacks and strawman arguments. Truly pathetic Barry.

Last edited:
So instead of countering my studies and facts with rebuttal you resort to ad hominem attacks and strawman arguments. Truly pathetic Barry.

I'll read the study later, I haven't had time the last couple days.

You do realize you didn't address the points i made in my post.

Also mentioning logical fallacies in a attempt to use them to win an argument is itself a logical fallacy. Lol. You obviously don't understand that. Logical fallacies while a poor arguing technique doesn't automatically make the argument wrong. Maybe educate yourself on them before using them as ammunition in an argument.

I'll read the study later, I haven't had time the last couple days.

You do realize you didn't address the points i made in my post.

Also mentioning logical fallacies in a attempt to use them to win an argument is itself a logical fallacy. Lol. You obviously don't understand that. Logical fallacies while a poor arguing technique doesn't automatically make the argument wrong. Maybe educate yourself on them before using them as ammunition in an argument.
you're a fucking cancer on this forum barry

Mick we buy the beef spare ribs which are the short cut ribs (not whole rib of beef), we get them from a meat wholesale and they are $7 a kilo. They can be quite fatty but if you slow cook them long enough the fat renders off and keep the meat tender and juicy. Once they are tender we add a homemade BBQ sauce and put the oven up high and leave until the sauce is bubbling and caramelised. They are very good.

Yeah that is a great price, we get raped out here in the country, and you would think being surrounded by beef farmers that it would be cheaper here, but not the case.

Yes unfortunately I was talking beef spare ribs, quite fatty for $21 per kilo. the whole beef ribs go for about $31 to $35 per kilo out here. I can get American style pork ribs for $15 per kilo if I but over 2 kilos, otherwise $17.99

Any sort of steak is $30-40 per kilo, hence we have not had steak for months, I had one the other day as the missus and kids are away so I treated myself. Imagine a 500 gram steak for me 300 grams for the missus and kids each (which they would easily eat) and we would be looking at $40 just for meat for dinner.

So we eat a lot of chicken which we can buy from $2.99- $10 per kilo.

I been eating steak and ribs while the missus and kids been away and it's costing me $20-25 per day just for me from the butcher.

Going to buy a nice chunk of beef for Boxing day to cook over coals on a rotisserie and will probably spend around $50-70 depending on what they have when I go there this arvo (we have sea food for Christmas eve and turkey for Christmas day already sorted)

Your meals look scrumptious Michael. You're not a Chef by any chance are you?

Haha, no not a chef by any stretch of the imagination, I do love cooking over Coals in a Weber (I have three weber Kettles), It's a hobby that I enjoy as much as my family who love to eat it.

It's a bit of an art form to cook a proper BBQ, many people think burning a sausage and some onion on a hotplate is a BBQ.

Here is two of them

I also have one of these I recently bought in the Masters close down at 40% off, I have not even put it together yet, will wait to the new year:

This is what it will look like, it's the top of the range Weber Charcoal Kettle:

Last edited:
Yeah that is a great price, we get raped out here in the country, and you would think being surrounded by beef farmers that it would be cheaper here, but not the case.

That sucks mate, you need to make sure when someone is going to visit you from the big city they bring a car load of ribs for the freezer.

That sucks mate, you need to make sure when someone is going to visit you from the big city they bring a car load of ribs for the freezer.

Yep we have a chest freezer, missus is away at the moment she will be bringing the sea food straight from the coast on Saturday, she has also ordered a heap of ribs from the butcher which will be frozen for the trip home.

There are many advantages to country living, but food prices etc are expensive out here.

Moving to the coast next year, so will be better then I think.

[MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION] when you move to the coast you can catch your own fish, that's fresh and free.

Can't you get friendly with the farmers and get full side of beef, lamb etc on the cheap and fill the freezer?

Haha, no not a chef by any stretch of the imagination, I do love cooking over Coals in a Weber (I have three weber Kettles), It's a hobby that I enjoy as much as my family who love to eat it.

It's a bit of an art form to cook a proper BBQ, many people think burning a sausage and some onion on a hotplate is a BBQ.

Here is two of them

I also have one of these I recently bought in the Masters close down at 40% off, I have not even put it together yet, will wait to the new year:

This is what it will look like, it's the top of the range Weber Charcoal Kettle:

You keep them very clean :) Are you cooking anything for Xmas lunch or dinner?