• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post pics of your home gym

Question: Does anyone know an easier way to load and unload the bar. It would be easier to keep a pair of 20's, but they would be too heavy for warmup sets.......suggestions?

P.S. Click for much bigger clearer pic.
I assume ur talking about deadlifts. Why do u say that 60kg is too heavy for warm up sets? ur max is 140kg 60kg is less than half which should be suitable for warmups. Other than that, lift bar up with one hand, put weight on with the other, simple.

LOL, he's not talking about deads.

Jason, we had issues with loading the bar when it was on the stands, so we had it set up only for those who could use 60kg.

Your either going to need another bar you can clean and throw on your back for warm ups or HTF up and use 60kg from the get go.

I hope those stands are under cover, if the particle board gets wet it'll swell and fuck up.

Good to see you have everything set up

Yeah, I'll just use plates for squats for warmup sets then jump on the 60kg bar, np

I wanted to thankyou again for all your generosity with the stands, and for the discount on the bar and plates, so thankyou.

It started spitting and I noticed that might be a problem so I hung a tarp from the veranda, so everything stays dry.

Thanks DKD, I am loving it.....

Markos, the problem with the loading is solved.
After warming up, I gradually increased the weight on my powerclean,
I managed 60kg for 3, might have reached 5. So now I can just powerclean 60kg (after warming up) to the stands, add plates and squat

Thanks DKD, I am loving it.....

Markos, the problem with the loading is solved.
After warming up, I gradually increased the weight on my powerclean,
I managed 60kg for 3, might have reached 5. So now I can just powerclean 60kg (after warming up) to the stands, add plates and squat

That works, I was going to say that you could get some 10kg bumpers, and leave them on the bar all the time.

Here's my Home Gym I put together about 4 or so months ago.
Only used it for 2 or 3 weeks then got some serious food poisoning for a week, then got busy at work, etc, etc, and haven't trained since.
Anyway, putting it back to use again now, hopefully for the long run.

Some details:

The 2 red items, Chest support isolateral row and T-Bar row are old, from my previous set up, so I left them in there.
The Smith machine is old too.
I'll use it on some exercises so I left it in there too, I like doing incline bench press and standing calf raise on it, maybe will do some other variations on it.
The seated calf raise is old too.
A few standard size bars - curl bar, triceps bar.

Everything else I brought in fresh:

22 rubber mats 1m x 1m (so my gym takes up 22sqm of my garage)
Power rack with high/low pulley attachment + dip attachment
Flat bench
FID adjustable bench + leg attachment + preacher attachment
2 x olympic barbells
Trap bar
Dumbbell rack + 4 pair of dumbbells (don't use these much at all currently)
Bumper plates - 20kg x 2, 15kg x 2, 10kg x 2
Metal Oly plates - 20kg x 2, 10kg x 4, 5kg x 4, 2.5kg x 4, 1.25kg x 4
Rubber standard plates - Some 5kg's, 2.5kg's and 1.25kg's

It may sound silly, but to be honest, the best thing in my gym is the rubber flooring.
I started with a blank canvass and as soon as I laid that stuff down, it just felt right.
Feels great on bare feet and you can drop metal weights on it without having to be delicate.
When I tried to train in my garage gym previously I only had one rubber mat about 1.5m x 1m and the rest was just plain concrete.
Always felt dusty diry and cold and changed the mood in a bad way.
Now, it feels great.
The floor is the largest area you see, so when it's clean and uniform, everything feels more organised (my personal views).

The obvious essentials out of all this equipment that I use is:
Power rack
Flat and FID bench
Barbells
Olympic plates (I mostly use the plain metal plates and sometimes bumpers, depending on exercise)
Dip attachment for power rack
Mirrors - These are actually from my old set up, bought from eBay (2nd hand sliding wardrobe doors)
Some hardcore guys don't want mirrors in their gym.
I love them and think they are a great tool to check form on certain exercises.

I do use some other attachments and equipment for generally smaller exercises (not compounds), but they would not be essential.
Good for some variety though, which is what I need to stay motivated.

homegym1.jpg

homegym3.jpg

homegym2.jpg

Geez Hulk that looks sensational mate. I know what you mean about the mats....I love when I put mine down, it really does transform the area. They're very well suited to a training environment.

Adrian theres something wrong. There's a smith machine in there.

Impressive.
Most PT's would love to have a set-up like that.

im so jealous of all the space you have. im gonna somehow fit everything into my granny flat. haha. this is going to be an interesting one.