• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Please critique my food plan

theodawg

Hi Guys,

Could you please look at my diet and tell me what you think. I've recently started powerlifting and want to put on weight.

Currently: 91kg when waking up - 6 ft 2

My meal plan:

Breakfast - ~7-7.30
4 egg omelette with tomato, bacon, mushroom, olives, avocado and spinach
1 glass of juice
banana

Morning tea - ~10am
yoghurt
yoghurt bar
2 pieces of fruit
sultanas

Lunch - ~12pm
white rice - 300g
chicken - 250g-300g
sweet potato + potato mash - 300g
some broccolini
carrot

1 hr before gym - 4pm
3 scoops International Nutrition Extreme Mass protein shake with 100g white rice

Pre workout - 5-5.15pm
instant coffee

Post workout - 8pm
1 scoop Bulk Nutrients Muscle Food 101 + 1 scoop fine powered oats + 10g creatine + 200mL zymil + banana

Dinner - 9pm
Whatever my parents decide and I'll eat until I'm full.

Exercising 4 times per week. (roughly my plan)
Mon - Heavy Legs + DL variant
Tues - Heavy Dead + Back variant
Thurs - Heavy DL + Leg variant
Fri - Heavy Bench + Back variant

So there's my meal plan and workout. What would you recommend adding or taking away? My goal would be roughly 95kg by end of March (4kgs in roughly 4 months)

Cheers

very low in calories, sure there is eating healthy then there is eating healthy for strength
I don't know what your bloods are like so I can only give rough recommendations based on health

I'd start by upping the number of eggs you eat at breakfast. You can easily make this 12 eggs and it will go down just fine. Dunno what the banana and fruit juice is in there for, you'll get little benefit from this. You eat a lot of sugary fruit, if you want quick snacks then granola is probably a better option for health.

You're not going to get strong on chicken and rice really unless it's a fattier cut and even then 300g is hardly anything- you'll need at least a kilo. Make some stew at night and take it with you in tupperware. This is what I do. Ground beef can be made in a skillet with any combination of flavours you desire- drink the juices and broth they are good for strength

You're in brisbane and have started powerlifting and looking for advice on diet for strength...

Contact Scott ( [MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION] ) at PTC Brisbane.
ask him your questions.
Do as he says.

Last edited: