• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Please critique my diet

Vitamin A and beta carotene are good reasons to eat carrots.
High GI is not a good reason not to. That's all i'm saying.

You are actually agreeing with me, even though it looks like you aren't.

yeah, I agree :)

I'll eat a bag of carrots. But it would take ages! I quite often snack on them while I'm cooking dinner.

Wow bro-science strong responces in this thread.

As JZ and Gunner mentioned, who gives a shit about GI or GL. Unless you are consuming a diet of carbohydrates only and have poor insulin sensativity, it ain't even worth mentioning or focusing on. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17923862 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17413101

Sugar, insulin again means shit. Protein causes an insulin spike as well. No one seems to worry about that when the diet is majority of protein. Nor will it mean anything for fat gain unless the energy balance is out. http://alanaragon.com/carbs-fat-friends-after-all.html http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

Hormonally there is little to no impact on function regardless of food source/type. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/hormonal-responses-to-a-fast-food-meal-compared-with-nutritionally-comparable-meals-of-different-composition-research-review.html

OP, the key is to workout your RMR and factor in your activity. Once you have been given that ball park figure start off by consuming that calorie amount. Stay at that for 2 weeks and track your progress (weight gain = decrease intake. Weigh loss of more than 500-700grms = increase) and adjust as necessary by 10%.

The calories should be made up of a mimimum of 2g/kg protein, fat 0.8g/kg. Carbohydrates can make up the rest of your calorie intake if you wish. Or simply do whatever mixture of macro's that support exercsie performance and vitality.

Consume the food types that allow you to adhere to your calorie intake, meet your macronutirent requirements and sufficient micronutrients. No food should be viewed as clean or dirty or as a cheat. There is no such thing as a healthy or unhealthy food, only a healthy or unhealthy diet. Any food can be part of a one's diet if consumed in an appropriate quantity.

FYI cardio is not needed for fat loss. With your weight training, do the PTC beginner program.

My key to a diet is having 20-25g protein per meal over multiple meals per day. This is just to have a steady protein intake across the day.
Minimum 2 cups of Veges in 2 meals (leafy greens, sweet potato, no corn/carrot/potatoes), sometimes bump up my Carb intake with Brown Rice or Oats.

My Meal Plan that I personally live by. I adjust quantities to fit my macros for dieting/maintaining
1. Egg & egg whites
2. Protein Shake
3. 150g Lean Meat & veges
4. Protein from fish
5. 150g Lean Meat & Veges
There is no refined sugar in my diet, unless I have a weak moment and lash out on chocolate!

Carrots and peas are full of sugar, good food but not so good If ones aim is to lose weight.

Haha what a load of shit.

My key to a diet is having 20-25g protein per meal over multiple meals per day. This is just to have a steady protein intake across the day.

Why???

You would also have a lot more lean mass meaning you would burn the sugar off quicker.

Fact of the matter is, if you want to lose fat you shouldnt eat sugar.

Why do something half-arsed?

Again more shit. WTF is up with the bro science in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing wrong with having protein spread across the day day. For me personally it satisfies my appetite and I dont get hungry.

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it. Just wondering how having protein spread across the day was key.

Again more shit. WTF is up with the bro science in this thread.

No bro science about it. Why would you eat refined sugar when you are trying to lose fat mass?

I did it this way and lost 46kg. 150kg down to 104kg.

I guess I didn't really get very good results though.

I remember now why I stopped posting up anything other than my training journal.

I never recommend anything on dieting or training, only suggest.
I know what works for me, as does BigJim with such a huge weightloss also.
Ive spent 20 months on trial and error with diet and exercise, and if someone can learn one thing from what Ive done and take it away and use it successfully, then it becomes good advice.

No bro science about it. Why would you eat refined sugar when you are trying to lose fat mass?

I did it this way and lost 46kg. 150kg down to 104kg.

I guess I didn't really get very good results though.

I remember now why I stopped posting up anything other than my training journal.

What worked was eating less calories than you burnt not avoiding sugar.

I guess the easiest way for Jim to eat less calories is to avoid refined sugar.

Not just this, but eat more "better" food for the same calories. Stops you from getting hungry as easily.especially when starting out.

Okay then.

Sally, if I where you I would just eat 1700 calories worth of pancakes. Every meal pancakes. You will lose fat no worries.

You can avoid every gram of sugar possible in your diet and still put on weight if you eat enough calories. It isn't individual Marcos that are responsible for weight gain or loss. It is overall calories.

Read Maxs post above he explains it all.

Here we go again.

There is an issue if one is addicted to food, you might not necessarily know it.

But the first step is to eliminate all processed food and replace this with whole food.
I think one still needs to reward themselves with occasionally with a piece of chocolate or ice cream.
But the trick to this whole caper is food quality and portion size.