• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Please critique my diet

rsolo

Hi All,

This is my first post. Some quick info: 24yo, 77kg. Been lifting for around 4 years but the first 2 or so years were very half hearted. When I started gym I was 56kg. I’ve put on around 7kg of that within the last few months on this diet. Very minimal fat gain.

I train a 5 day split. Also, one day a week ice hockey, which is my only cardio.

Goals: To gain strength and size, and maintain my naturally low body fat.

6am:
  • 6 Weet-bix
  • 1 glass orange juice
  • 2 Scoops Protein Direct Isolate protein
9 am:
  • Vegemite sandwich on multigrain bread
11:30am:
  • 300g grilled chicken breast (Usually with sauce or mustard)
1:30 pm
  • Pasta with either chicken or tuna, and a sauce (Not sure on weight, fills one of those rectangle plastic containers that Chinese takeaway food comes in)
3:30 pm
  • 2 scoops WPC (46g protein)
  • Large banana
6:20 pm Gym (Use pre-workout supplement with caffeine)

7:30 PWO Shake:
  • 2 Scoops Protein Direct Isolate protein
  • 2 Larger scoops (70g all up) Maltodextrin/dextrose
8:30pm
  • 300g Kangaroo steak
  • 200g sweet potato
  • Big pile of vegetables
9:30pm
  • Whole 250g tub of WeightWatchers cottage cheese
My concerns with my diet:
  • Too many meals
  • Maybe too much protein/not enough carbs?
    • if I eat less protein I just don’t notice the same gains
    • If I skip any of the carbs in this I start getting runny shits and halitosis, often I add all bran to my breakfast to counter it)
  • Not enough good fats
  • Last few meals too close together (And maybe too much protein for such a short time frame?)
Some things I’d like to try and incorporate into my diet:
  • Tuna
  • Eggs

Can't go into detail now but too many processed foods i can see.
Weet Bix, orange juice, pasta, bread etc.

Try oats for brekky, I make a shake with a banana, half cup of oats, 1 cup of milk, ice, a scoop of bulker and blend it for about a minute. You can easily add eggs or more milk, oats, protein etc.

If you want to introduce tuna, have it with a salad and make sure you use balsamic vinegar for a touch of dressing. They are made for each other, tastes so good

Thanks for the feedback so far :)

I never thought my diet consisted of highly processed foods, but now that it has been pointed out I appreciate any alternatives.

Alternatives.
Oats, sweet potato, vegies (fresh), fruit (not juice), nuts, chicken, eggs, fish, tuna in springwater, etc - you get the idea.

i was very thin, my metabolism was very fast i couldnt put on wieght but i wanted to be huge, so i just tried slowing down my metabolism but eating fark loads of everything, if u wanna put on good size fast i cant think of many natural ways of stayin thin thats y blokes will diet for mass then diet to cut. and if u can handle roo meat, u should be able to get a better variety of foods like shrek said (sweet tato etc) i think if u wanna keep getting bigger while stayin thin just be prepared for a slow process i think, and up ur food intake when u up ur wieghts over time.